58AK (Extra- Alternate Perspective)

Credit to the artist! (Google says nel314 on Facebook)

Dadzawa POV

I saw the artist for the first time after a long day at work. They were not the first artist I came across, not nearly the first good artist, but they were one of the few who painted.

I first came across a painting of All Might. Unsurprisingly. That guy is everyone, it is almost like he was mocking me. I would've been offended, but I knew it was not personal for him at least. I looked at the details of the painting, hoping to see something interesting. To my shock, there were figures in the background. One looks like a lesser-known hero, Nana Shimura. I did not recognize the others. My interest rose. I clicked on the user.

It took a while for me to find another hero painting. I ignored the other paintings while I was looking for another hero one, trying to see if one would provide clarification on the heroes in the background. It took ages to find what I was looking for, but there was a painting posted with the description 'a line of mentors'. I was shocked. I was not aware of these people before, but, with some heavy research, I was able to figure out the same thing as the artist. I decided to keep the artist to myself and my husband, not wanting to share them with Nezu quite yet.

A year or so passed and I saw the artist improve and begin to sell their paintings. Over the year, I also ended up with two kids. One just kind of showed up and while I am not exactly their dad, more like an uncle, they still come over a lot. Their moms just decided to adopt me into the family as well. The other kid, this one actually my daughter, showed up holding my hand one day, looking almost dead, while whispering to me about the evil man and how I helped someone else so I must be good. The five of them are the only people who I shared the painter with, not wanting to give this part of my world away.

Eri loved them. She loved the hero paintings, but she absolutely adored the flower paintings the most. I ended up putting in a request for a painting of Eri's favorite flowers with the offer of some decent prices, not expecting much.

The artist got in contact with me, seemingly shocked at the money I was willing to offer. They told me they would send it immediately and to not send them the money until we got it. The painting turned out beautiful. It came with a note telling us about how much they loved the idea of painting a flower garden with a girl with blue hair turned around, with a little horn peeking out from the top of her head. I paid a little extra. Why wouldn't I? It became Eri's favorite after all.

I was not expecting Nezu to call me to the office and tell me we might have a certain painter in the academy. I did not question how he knew. Instead, I questioned the latest painting. It was one of me after a fight. I do not know how they got more details than the video I inevitably found showed. I just hoped they had seen me before.

The conversation with Midoriya was enlightening. I decided I might as well try to get to know the kid whose paintings I had been practically stalking the past few years, and I needed a new painting of the family anyway for my husband for Christmas. I already had a picture in mind.