78BC (My Life is the Worst Show)

Credit to the artist(s)! (Unknown)

Sonzuku POV

"Hello and welcome to our show! We are very excited to have you here today! How are you feeling?" The interviewer laughs and throws on another smile as her co-host sits still.

"Yes. It is wonderful to be here. I am feeling very well, thank you for asking! How are you?" I try not to cringe. Everything sounds so fake already and we do not even have a script.

"I am doing well, what about you, Aiden?"

"I am also doing well, Jazzie. For those of you who are somehow unaware, we have brought class 2A's own Deku here to answer some of our questions. Among his list of accomplishments is surviving the USJ attack, saving his classmates in many different villain attacks, and helping save a young girl, among other things." This gets some cheers. I blush.

"You flatter me. Thank you so much for your kind words, but I am really not so impressive. It is only thanks to everyone's support that I have made it this far!" More cheers. Yay.

"Don't be so modest! We first want to ask you about UA. What is it like?" I spend the rest of the interview convincing myself that I am almost done.

Later, as I see my classmates playing my interview, I wince. No one notices.

"Aizawa-sensei?" I stay behind after class to talk to him quickly. "Can I go to the mall this weekend?" He gives me a look.

"Why?" I can tell it is not just a question, but rather a demand.

"I want to spend some time away from the dorms and people for a bit, and I know this really cute cafe that exists in the mall that I want to go to."

"Sure. I can go with you this afternoon. Meet me at the gates at four. Will that be all?"

"Yes, sir. Thank you so much!" I am excited to leave the dorms and get some peace from my life. The deities know I need it.

We meet at the gate, both of us getting there at exactly four. When we get there, I tell him where it is and he leads us in that direction.

The cafe is very unique. The tables, clearly of the same kind, are raised to different heights. Sensei picks the one in the corner that is tall enough to see the people at other tables.

"Hello, how may I help you two today?" Aizawa gets a coffee and asks her to add as much caffeine to it as possible. I ask for hot chocolate and a pastry of her choice.

"Have you ever been here before, Sensei?"

"No. Have you?"

"Yes. I used to come here with my mom. The owner is very nice. Her quirk is really cool too! She can tell people's desires, and, because she cannot turn it off, she can use it for her cafe."

"Huh." Sensei looks stumped, so I look around some more before seeing a TV. He follows my gaze. "How did that interview go?"

"It was fine." His eyes bore into me. He wants a different answer, but I don't know if I should give it to him. I'll figure it out later. We are handed our drinks, and I get a croissant to go with it.

"Thank you. Have a lovely day!" I hand her the money for our stuff before returning to eating.

"How much was it? I'll pay you back." I smile but ultimately ignore the question. He glares.

"My life is one of the worst shows to ever air on TV." I finally give him an answer he was looking for. He frowns but doesn't push.

"I'm paying next time, Problem Child."