77BB (We All Die One Day. Why Not Today?)

Credit to the artist(s)! (Unknown)

Third POV

"We all die one day. Why not today?"

Midoriya Izuku stands at the edge of a cliff, waiting to fall. The void calls for a sacrifice. The void loves him. He may as well be the sacrifice. He has lived and loved his life to the fullest, and his life has been better than his greatest dreams.

"By that thought process, why not me, Problem Child? I don't care if you always have been able to talk to the void. There is no reason you should be the one to be sacrificed when the void is heard by the world. They want a sacrifice. Why not me?" Midoriya turns to his father figure.

"You have a life to live and people to save. I was going to quick heroics the day I made enough money to open my own cafe. You can help so much more than I can. That is why it should not be you. The void will only accept a willing and fulfilled sacrifice. Can you honestly say you are willing and fulfilled? You still have a cat to adopt and a different one to take care of. You have children to teach and lives to save. You help so many people and I could not wish for a better person. There are so, so many reasons why you should not be sacrificed."

"And I don't care if you have lived the best life of anyone in the world. You will not sacrifice yourself. Wait one day. If no one else is sacrificed, then I will let you."

"You know that is not fair. People are already trying to sacrifice themselves. In one day, who knows what could happen?"

The void shares new information at that moment. Emily Dally, Fred Binns, Gal Hope, Lusia King, Virginia Ford, Kat Vase, Nile Wards, and Muhammad Flint have all sacrificed themselves. Thank you for your service. The void will not ask for another sacrifice for ten million years. Have a nice day.

News reports over the mentioned people are shared billions of times. The world mourns over the sacrifice each person made. That day is made a holiday. No heroes or villains fight on that day. No one does a lot of anything.

Midoriya cries for weeks after the event. He wishes he could have sacrificed himself. Maybe then, at least one of them would still be alive. He is only soothed by the void's promises of their well-being. Luckily for the world, Midoriya it is enough.

"Midoriya?" Aizawa hesitates. "How are you feeling?"

"I wish I was among them, but the void says even it would have denied me entry. They are doing well, you know, now that they are dead. The void says they are happy. I only wish they could have been happy here."

"I know, Midoriya. We all do. I also know it hits you the worst. Let us get some tea." Midoriya is soothed by a few things, after some time. His friends, his mom, his dad, and the void.