The Great Outdoors

"You've got to be kidding me" you groaned at Tony while everyone else snickered. "I'm not going" you said with your hands firmly on your hips. "It's a mandatory team bonding trip Y/N, only for a few nights, groups have already been determined" Tony said while trying to hide a smirk. "He's going to freak out" Sam said while getting up from the kitchen table. "Oh, I know" you said glaring back at Sam. "C'mon, it won't be that bad" Steve said reaching for your hand. "Steve, Bucky HATES me, he can't even be in the same room as me, let alone the same tent for a weekend" you said while holding your head in your hands.

Steve was patting you on the back trying to reassure you things would be ok. Just then, Bucky walked into the kitchen. You looked up from the table, he saw you and rolled his eyes and was ready to turn around and exit the room when Tony got up and herded him over to the table where you sat. "Hey there Buckaroo, I have a proposition for you" Tony said while smiling. "Hey, that rhymes" Sam said while sticking around to watch the show. "What?" Bucky spat at him while glaring at Sam.

Ever since you joined the team, Bucky has hated you. He refuses to be in the same room as you and avoids you like the plague. He constantly criticizes your fighting, training, and mission preparation to the point where nothing you do seems to help. He's not like this with anyone else so you always assume he hates you. You're very good at hiding it when he comes down on you hard but sometimes, his words hurt.

The sad part is, you've been nothing but nice and supportive towards him. Trying to include him in games nights, asking what his favourite food is when it's your turn to cook but he still can't be around you and it hurts. You understand his past and want to be friends with him, but he refuses to be around you.

"We're all going on a team bonding expedition to the woods" Tony said to Bucky. "Who's going?" Bucky asks while leaning against the kitchen island. "Steve, Sam, Nat, Wanda, Bruce, myself, You, and Y/N" Tony said while making his way out of the room. "What?" Bucky yelled back to Tony. "Can't hear you Bucky Boy!" Tony said while walking down the hall away from the show. "Did you have anything to do with this?" Bucky asked Steve. "Honestly, no" Steve said looking at him with his hands raised in surrender.

You managed to get up from the table to try and slink out of the room. "Tents have already been determined Bucky" Sam said while grabbing an apple and taking a bite. "I'm with Steve, Tony is with Bruce, Nat and Wanda are together" he said while chewing leaving him to think about things. "Wait..." Bucky said while thinking about who is left. "That means me, and Y/N are in the same tent?" Bucky's head snapped towards you while you were trying to sneak away.

"Absolutely not" Bucky said while shaking his head. "C'mon Buck, it's only for a few nights." Steve said. By this time, you had left the kitchen and were standing in the hallway listening to the show. "I can't be around Y/N Steve, you know this" Bucky said to Steve. That remark made you think a little. What did that mean? You thought to yourself.

"Buck, it's going to be a good thing" Steve said while getting up from the table. "A little time spent in the woods could make things easier" you could hear Steve say to Bucky. "Yeah, you may even come out of this experience as partners" Sam said while finishing his apple. Bucky mumbled something but you couldn't hear.

You hid behind a bookcase and saw Sam leave the kitchen leaving Steve and Bucky to talk. "You know how I feel about her Steve" Bucky said. "I know Buck, but perhaps this experience will make things easier" Steve said. What is going on? You thought to yourself as you left them alone in the kitchen to go and pack for the excursion.

You loved camping. You loved being in the woods, with the animals and fresh air. You were good at starting a fire, hiking, and were very resourceful in being able to cook meals on an open fire. You had been camping lots when you were a child and had no issues whatsoever, but this camping excursion was going to be an interesting one.