Dammit Steve

This is it; this is the chance Bucky's had to shoot his shot and tell you he has feelings for you. You were both watching a movie in your room, something you do hundreds of times, but this time would be different. You and Bucky are inseparable, always spending time together, training, mission partners, you were joined at the hip, and you loved it. He was so supportive of you, always helping you, joking with you, and making your day better. You loved that about him. For someone who has literally gone to hell and back, the man had a heart of gold.

You loved spending time with him, and he did with you. Of course, you thought he was handsome and attractive, but you always brushed those thoughts aside. You have known him for a few years and thought if he hasn't wanted anything more than being your friend, then you would just leave it alone. You had always wanted to tell him you thought you two would be good together, but never wanted to jeopardize your friendship.

You were both snuggled up under your large blanket, eating snacks and laughing at the comedy you had on, when Bucky turned to you and smiled weirdly. 

"What?" you asked looking up at him. 

"Nothing" he smirked but was still grinning weirdly at you. 

"Cut it out Barnes, you're creeping me out" you laughed and playfully nudged him. 

"What? Can't I admire you from afar?" he said and winked at you. 

You rolled your eyes and brushed it aside. The movie ended. 

"Well, that was fun" you said and started to slowly pack things away.

"Hey Y/n?" asked Bucky.

This was it. He was finally going to do it.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure Bucky"

"I was wondering..."

His phone dinged.

"Well, I had thought..."

Ding

"Ugh!" he said and looked at his phone

"Dammit Steve" he grumbled.

"What is it?"

"Steve. Needs me to meet him in the garage, something about his bike not starting" he said and got up from the bed. 

"Better go and help him before he comes running in here" you said and got up from the bed to fold the blanket. 

"Goodnight Buck" you said as you put the blanket back in your closet. 

He came back and gave you a big hug. 

"Night Y/n, sweet dreams" he said and left your room making you smile.

The next morning you and Bucky were having breakfast, then were going to train in the gym. Bucky thought the gym would be a great place to tell you his feelings. You two spend a lot of time there and if you spar together, he could maybe get you in a move where he wouldn't look like too big of a creeper if he can place his hands on your somehow or pin you down and playfully give you a kiss. He thought about the kiss part and thought perhaps that would be too forward, but depending on your reaction, it was worth a shot.

You walked into the gym and went to the mats to start warming up. 

"I noticed on the last mission your hips were a bit tight" Bucky said. 

"Oh? They didn't feel tight. Can you show me?" you asked getting up from the mat. 

"Sure" he said as you both got into your fighting stance.