A Party Connection

"C'mon Y/n, we're going to be late to the party" your sister whined from the door. 

"No, we're not, now go away and let me finish" you said as you were finishing your last-minute hair and make-up touches. 

"I don't know why you drag me to these things. They're so boring, music is too loud to have a proper conversation, and there's too many people." you complained as you put down your make-up brushes and fluffed your hair. 

"Ok Grandma" your sister snorted and rolled her eyes. 

"You're supposed to be the younger, more fun one" she reminded you. 

"Ugh, I just want to stay home and read my book" you complained. 

"You do too much of that already. C'mon, live a little! Who knows, maybe you'll meet someone special" she exclaimed as she took your face in her hands and squeezed your cheeks. 

You scoffed at her and stepped back from her grasp giving yourself a light spritz of perfume before leaving.

Your sister was a high-level agent at SHIELD and you, well, you owned a coffee shop and bakery a few blocks from your shared apartment. Your sister was always the one to be in the spotlight. She was two years older than you, tall, blonde, blue eyes, flirty, outgoing, freakishly fit, and could do anything she set her mind to. You on the other hand, were shorter than her, had y/e/c eyes, wore glasses for reading, had long y/h/c hair that was always a little unruly, and your body was a little more rounded than what you would prefer. 

You were also shy and sometimes awkward, preferring to stay in the shadows rather than in the spotlight like your sister. You were expecting to go to the party, watch your sister dance and flirt while you watched from the corner, and for you to leave early and alone like you always did. The usual occurrence whenever you and your sister would go out to a bar or party.

"Your dress looks amazing by the way" she said to you as you were waiting for your ride to show up. 

"Thanks, yours does too" you smiled at her. 

You wore a simple navy-blue dress, nothing fancy. It was short, had a deep v-neck to it, and was a little flowy, perfect for hiding some of your insecurities. Your sister on the other hand, had on a strapless skin-tight red dress that showed off her amazing body. She wore black high heels that seemed to make her legs go on forever. You wore strappy black wedge sandals that weren't as sexy as your sisters, but they still made you feel good, and they were the one magical pair of shoes you had where your feet didn't scream in pain after being in them for a few hours.

You arrived at the party to blaring music, drunk people grinding on each other, and bright flashing lights. This is it, your own personal hell you thought to yourself as you entered the room. This was your second Tony Stark party you had ever attended, and you were not too happy about it, but you would suck it up for one night for your sister. The first party you attended was a Christmas party for the agents and their families which you had to admit, was amazing. 

"Agent Y/l/n" came a red head from behind your sister. 

"Hi Nat!" called your sister as the two of them hugged. 

"This is my sister Y/n, Y/n, this is Nat" she said as she introduced you. 

"Hi" you smiled. 

Nat smiled at you and proceeded to chat with your sister, taking her to one of the bars at the back, leaving you standing alone. 

"Great" you muttered to yourself. 

You grabbed a glass of white wine at one of the bars, found your way to an empty table, and sat down, taking in the expansive party room.