Anniversary Surprise

"Just a few more days than I'll be home, right on time for our anniversary" Bucky said as you pouted lightly at him but smiled over video chat. 

He had been gone for a little over a month on an undercover stakeout mission with Steve and Bucky was starting to miss you like crazy. You had been dating for almost a year and every time the two of you were separated or sent out on separate missions, you missed each other terribly. You weren't clingy by any means since this was a large part of both of your jobs but sometimes the length and distance away took a toll on the both of you.

"I swear if I hear Steve snoring one more night, I'm going to smother him in his sleep with a pillow" Bucky muttered to the phone. 

"I heard that!" chirped Steve. 

"Hey Y/n" he said as he walked by Bucky on his way to his room. 

"Night Steve" you said and giggled making Bucky roll his eyes. 

"It hasn't been so bad though. We got the info we needed, and the mission is finished, just that a jet isn't available for two more days to take me back." Bucky said and you nodded. 

Bucky was told that there was a jet available that left the following day, but it only had one seat left on it since it was being used on a supply run. When Bucky heard about it, him and Steve did the only thing that was fair: a game of rock, paper, scissors to determine who would get that seat. Steve won and Bucky was heartbroken he had to wait a little longer to see you. 

"How about you board a regular plane and go home that way?" you suggested knowing what the answer to that would be. 

"You know I can't even walk through a metal detector" he frowned, and you snorted into the phone. 

"I know I know" you said rolling your eyes.

Little did Bucky know you had a plan up your sleeve. The reason there wasn't another Quin Jet available was because you were taking it to see him and surprising him for your anniversary. Steve was even in on it and suggested you visit Bucky as an anniversary surprise getaway helping you with the story of the tied-up jets since there was no such thing.

"OK, well, I gotta go to bed since it's 4am here Buck" you said and yawned into the phone. 

"Sorry doll" Bucky said and frowned. 

"Forgot about the time difference" he sheepishly said. 

"It's ok Bucky. I'll talk to you tomorrow?" you asked, and Bucky smiled brightly. 

"Of course, doll. Good night, sweet dreams. I love you" he smiled. 

"Night Buck, love you lots" you said and hung up.

The following day, you packed a bag of clothes and threw some of Bucky's into it as well since he only had some of his tactical gear and you figured he would want a few other options to wear for your getaway and headed to the hangar to board a jet to see your boyfriend.

"See ya Steve" Bucky said as the two gave each other their typical bro hugs in the lobby of the hotel. 

Steve had Bucky move hotels since the place they were staying at for their mission wasn't the greatest, so he reserved a nice room for Bucky at a high-end resort. Bucky thought it was a little too extravagant but went along with it since the room was so nice. 

"Take it Buck, you deserve it. It's the least I can do for winning fair and square and taking that seat" Steve said as he left for the private hangar to take him back. 

"See ya punk" Bucky said and went up to his room. 

The room Steve rented had a large balcony with a beautiful ocean view of the coast and had a separate bedroom area complete with large living room, small kitchenette, and bathroom that had the biggest tub Bucky had ever seen. He took a few photos of the room and texted them to you knowing how much you love baths. You smiled at the photos Bucky had sent since you'd be there within the hour to surprise your boyfriend.