Craft Room

A/N: I made Nat and Wanda a little mean in this....sorry!! Had to choose a few people and they were the unlucky ones for this story!

You always like decorating and making things, even when you were little. Always helping your mom decorate the house for the holidays, and everything in-between. You were also handy and not afraid of getting your hands dirty. You could also easily paint and build things since you were so creative and imaginative. Making DIY projects, painting, staining and stripping furniture, crafting, it was all easy for you, and you did it often to escape.

Since you joined the Avengers, you were always looking at ways to de-compress after lengthy missions from some of the things you would see and do on them. At the compound you now called home, you found a small out of the way room that would be the perfect craft room. You were able to set up a table, grab a bookcase, stuff it full of bins and supplies, and add an old comfy chair Tony no longer wanted to make it into the perfect craft room for you. No one helped you do this, you managed to get the room set up the way you wanted all by yourself and you were content with that. You had more than enough crafting supplies to keep you going and an endless amount of creativity just waiting to bust out.

No one really disturbed you when you were in your craft room. Every so often, Steve or Sam would poke their heads in and check in on you, sometimes sitting on your chair chatting or just observing your creative process which you never minded at all. Nat and Wanda both didn't want anything to do with your crafting. You had wanted to show them a few things they might like, but they never were interested in anything you did. Truth was, you felt they didn't really want you around. Since you joined the team, they were a little hesitant and never were really welcoming, so you mainly kept to yourself.

The only other person who was around was Bucky and he never really said much to you because he was always off in the corner alone observing, or with Steve. He keeps to himself lots, so you just smile politely at him and let him do his thing. If you were alone reading or watching TV, he would join you, occasionally chatting about things, but if anyone else came into the room, he would leave. You thought he was interesting, funny, and thoughtful and wanted to get to know him more but thought that would come with time. Steve told you it takes Bucky a little bit to warm up to someone new, so you mainly let him come to you. You did notice on the last mission you were on; he kept a watch over you and was around you more than anyone else. You were happy he was feeling comfortable around you.

When you first got your craft room set up, you made everyone a little something to add to their rooms. You made Sam a picture frame you hand painted a few birds in the corners of it and adding in a photo of himself posing with redwing mainly as a joke, but he loved it and placed it on his desk. You made Steve a coffee mug that said "America's Favourite Soldier" on it which he used every morning, and you even gave Nat and Wanda a few funky vases they could display some flowers in that you spray painted some ombre colour techniques on them to match their rooms. They rolled their eyes at their gifts when they got them and walked away holding the bags, but you just shrugged your shoulders and kept on.

As for Bucky, you weren't too sure what to make him, so you made him a photo frame, like the one you did for Sam but slightly different. You hand stained a frame dark brown, almost black, and de-stressed it making it look worn but still somewhat new. You sealed it with wax making it shiny and smooth, making the wood grain stand out. The photo you chose was the lake you know he goes to and reads by. You played with the colours of the image and made it black and white with a bit of a grey hue to it, almost like an antique effect to it you know he would like. When you gave him the frame, he looked at it with wide eyes, snatched it from your hands, and walked away. You shrugged your shoulders and went back to your craft room. Well, two out of the five liked their gifts you thought to yourself as you sat in your chair thinking about your next projects.