Unexpected Mission - Part 2

A/N - I decided to do a part 2 - perhaps also a part 3 may be coming as well :-)

You were the one to break eye contact with Bucky as you heard him clear his throat as he stood up from the floor and packed away the stitch kit. 

"We should probably eat something" he said, and you nodded. 

You wandered over to the small kitchenette and proceeded to search the cupboards to see what there was. You were a little cautious of your exposed leg, but Bucky didn't seem to care. 

Thank god you thought to yourself. 

You found a few canned goods and sat them on the counter so Bucky could see. There were two cans of soup, two cans of baked beans, and a can of corn to choose from. You eyed up the choices and grabbed the two cans of soup, wanting to avoid the beans altogether. With such a small room, tiny bathroom, small bed, your fluttery stomach, and Bucky, you didn't really feel like eating beans and dealing with the repercussions they brought on.

"Soup it is" you said as you found a can opener and dumped the contents into a pot and put it on the single burner. 

"Sounds good" Bucky said and smiled. 

He looked over the beans and you could have sworn you heard him chuckle as he put the cans back into the cupboard and sat down on a chair.

"You can go for a shower Bucky. I'll watch the soup" you said, and Bucky nodded. 

He headed to the small bathroom, and you could hear him undress and then start the shower. You had to keep calm and remind yourself that this was a mission, nothing more and in no way was there the most handsomest man in the world on the other side of that shoddy door completely naked, rubbing soap bubbles all over his chiseled body. 

You snapped out of those thoughts as the soup started bubbling and boiling over. 

"Dang it" you said as you turned down the heat and stirred the pot trying to calm your nerves down. 

You cleaned up the mess, grabbed two bowls from the cupboard, and two spoons, and placed them on the counter. There wasn't anywhere to sit so you figured you would just stand as you ate your soup.

You heard the shower shut off and was in the process of pouring the soup into the bowls when you saw Bucky walk out of the bathroom in only a towel and a smile with water droplets all over his broad chest. Your eyes were wide as you spilled some soup on the counter then proceeded to fumble around as you put the pot down. 

There was no hiding your red and flushed face as Bucky walked to the small closet in search of some clothes. He knew exactly what he was doing, and you wanted to slap him for it. He smirked to himself as he thought he would get that reaction from you as he found a pair of black sweatpants and a grey t-shirt to change into. 

"Smells good" he said as he headed back into the bathroom to change. 

"Yeah, it...it's re-ready" you said from the kitchenette. 

Great, now you were stuttering.

You grabbed a bowl and started eating when Bucky came back out. He grabbed a bowl and stood next to you as you both ate in silence. You were grateful for the soup, even if it was plain vegetable, as that seemed to make you feel a little better. 

"Go shower and I'll clean up. Your thigh should be ok by now" Bucky said, and you nodded. 

You walked into the bathroom and looked at the small shower, grateful to be able to clean up from your earlier mission. You undid what was left of your tactical pants and peeled off your top then stepped into the shower, letting the water wash away the grime.