IT Assistance - Part 1

Nerdy Bucky A/U - I felt like writing Bucky as a nerdy (yet hot/cute) IT guy...

"GAH! NNNOOOOOOOOOO! Not again!" you moaned from your desk, putting your head down in frustration. 

"This is the third time this week my laptop has crashed!" you groaned to your office partner Nat. 

"What happened now?" she asked from her desk that sat across from yours. 

"I was in the middle of editing my presentation and my screen just went blank and now nothing works on it" you said smashing random buttons on your keyboard. 

"Yes, keep smashing buttons because that always helps" she smirked. 

"I think there is another file of my presentation on the Cloud I can get, then all of my work isn't lost" you said in a hopeful tone. 

"Better take the laptop to IT" she said and winked at you. 

"Hmm, not a bad idea" you smiled at her and unplugged the cords. 

"Be right back" you stated as you got up from your desk. 

"Take your time" she said and waved her hand in the air as you skipped down the hall.

You used to hate visiting the IT department. They were usually so rude and condescending to you, making you feel like you know absolutely nothing about things, and treating you like a child. About three months ago, a memo came out saying the company had switched IT companies and a new one was taking its place. You were hesitant in going there with your frozen laptop when they first arrived, but your visit went surprisingly well.

You first met Bucky when you took your frozen laptop to his office a few months ago. Him and a guy named Steve were the new IT guys. The only reason you had Bucky first work on your laptop was because Steve was with another office colleague getting his laptop fixed and Bucky was available. Bucky was surprisingly kind and patient and figured out right away what the issue was. You got to chat with him while he ran some diagnostics on it and realized he was funny, quite charming, and a little nerdy which you always secretly adored in guys. The few times after that, you went directly to him for your tech support needs and got to know him a little better while he fixed things.

He would wear comic book t-shirts overtop of long-sleeved shirts, or random 80's cartoon character ones with his black jeans and converse shoes. He usually had a black hoodie draped across his chair that looked warm and cozy (totally something you would steal if he was your boyfriend), and he always carried a backpack to/from work. He was tall, his hair was dark chestnut, on the longer side, and had the bluest eyes you had ever seen. He even wore glasses on occasion making you do a double take. This man was the typical nerd, but he had an edge to him you couldn't quite figure out.

"Hey Bucky" as you walked into his office. 

"Hey y/n! How are things goin'? Wait, if you're here, things aren't good, are they?" he chuckled. 

"Bring her to me then" he said as he got up from his desk and went to his work area as you handed him your laptop. 

"What seems to be the issue today?" he asked as he looked over your screen. 

"I was in the middle of working on my presentation and the screen went blank, and now nothing works on it" you said, slightly frustrated. 

"Well, we can't have that now can we" he cooed at the machine. 

"Let's see what's gotten you all stuck" he calmly said to the machine while taking some of it apart and hooking it up to the network. 

The fact that he talks to computer equipment like they are his own babies makes your heart skip a few beats. Nat knows you have a crush on him, but no one else does.