Happiest Place on Earth

Author's note:

I know Bucky would never in a million years visit Disney, but this is my book and what I would imagine a visit with him would be like...

SK

***

You were finishing up a "mandatory team bonding" trip in Miami care of Tony Stark. He decided to take everyone down to his beach house for a mini vacation. The last mission everyone went on was a grueling six weeklong one. You had taken out a large HYDRA base leftover in Germany. No one was seriously injured, but it took a toll on the team.

When you arrived back at the compound, everyone was exhausted both physically and mentally. In the days after arriving back, everyone was quiet and stayed in their rooms, only coming out to eat and get checked over by the medical teams. Both Tony and Steve hated seeing everyone so down so Tony decided on a small vacation to get everyone relaxed and recharged for the next mission.

"C'mon Tony, it'll only be for a few more days. I can't not go there when I'm so close" you said as you were sitting down under an umbrella by the expansive pool. "Ugh, If I say yes, will you stop bothering me then?" Tony looked up at you from his sunglasses. "Oh my god, yes!" you beamed at him, waiting for his final approval. "Fine, go then. But be back at the compound in four days time. You never know when I might need you in the lab for something." Tony said while he waved you away. "Sure will!" you said as you were running back to your room to pack.

"What's going on?" Nat said to you as you whipped past her to your shared room. "Tony said I could go!" you yelled as you were trying to find your suitcase. "Good for you Y/N" Nat said sitting down on her bed watching you scan the room for your belongings. "Is anyone else going with you?" Nat said while she handed you a pair of socks. "Not sure yet, honestly, I thought Tony would say no, so I haven't thought that far ahead." You said grabbing the socks. "I know who should go with you" Nat said smiling. "Ugh, not now Nat" you said.

Ever since you were a little kid you had been in love with all things Disney. You loved going to the parks and seeing the characters, but more importantly, riding the rides and eating the food. It had been almost five years since your last visit. You were planning a trip to the parks in early spring, so this worked out to your advantage. You were practically giddy with excitement when Tony announced he was taking everyone to Miami since this was your opportunity to stay a few extra days. Sure, you would love to have a longer visit, but anytime you could get at one of the parks, it was better than nothing.

"What's up Y/N?" Steve said as he stuck his head in the door. "Y/N got a few extra days off and is heading up to Orlando" Nat said. "That's great Y/N. You've been wanting to go for a while now. Is anyone else going with you?" Steve asked while sitting down on the bed next to Nat. "Steve, I'm sure he won't want to go with the large crowds and loud noises" you said sitting on your bed opposite of him. "He might say yes" Steve said while getting up from the bed. "I'm off to the beach for a run. See you later" Steve said as he left the room.

You knew who Nat and Steve were referring to. Bucky. You and he were paired up on the last mission and the two of you bonded since you had to work closely with each other for six weeks. In fact, in previous missions, you were usually paired up with the Sergeant because both Tony and Steve noticed you worked well together. They could always count on the two of you to go into a building without hesitation and complete the tasks needed to get the job done.

You liked Bucky since he was nice. He was quiet, very observant, caring, and thoughtful. You always were a little shy around him since you found him dashing and charming, but he was also the same way towards you. He would blush if you grabbed his hand, he would hold open doors and push chairs out for you to sit down in, and always save you a spot next to him on the couch for movie night. He usually walked you back to your room at night making sure you were ok, which made you smile since his room was on the floor above and you were totally capable of walking yourself. You sensed he liked you, but you were too shy to do anything about it.