Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

"Who's going to jump first?"

His question hung in the air; maybe too thickly because I was struggling to breathe.

We just jumped and he wants us to jump? Again?

"What's at the bottom?" Someone asked, he was wearing all blue. Did that mean he came from Erudite?

"Why don't you find out for yourself, Erudite?" Eric jumped off the wall and held his hand out towards the jump-to-my-death hole with a smirk on his face.

"Come on, initiates. We don't have all day!" Eric yelled, eyeing us all down like we were trash. To him, we probably are.

Well, someone's on their man-period today! And who the hell lit the fuse to his tampon? I thought, causing me to look down and smirk before looking back up with a plain face.

Eric was staring right at me. "Something funny, Candor?" Other initiates stepped away, as if Eric was a volcano that they desperate to get away from. I would have stepped away from him if he wasn't eyeing me like a vulture.

"Nothing is funny, Sir." I added the last word carefully.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Jump. You're up." Gosh, he spoke to me like I was a child.

For definite, I knew that he didn't have any children. He looks like the type who doesn't like them.

He glared at me until I made my way to the wall. Leaning over, I stared widely at the hole in the roof of the next building below.

He wants me to jump through that? I might hit the roof and die!

"I'll go." Another said. The person that stepped out was skinny, her grey clothes were baggy and her brown hair was messy. I honestly thought I may die while jumping off a building; without knowing what's at the bottom.

Back at home, I wouldn't even consider jumping off a roof. Now look at me!

"Alright, go." Eric then said to me: "Then you're next."

I watch as the girl jumped and I heard her screams echo against the atmosphere.

Before Eric could say anything, I clambered on the wall. My toes curling against my boots.

Oh, man. I'm going to do it. I really am.

"Anytime initiate." He said after a couple of minutes. Shutting my eyes, I jumped off without another second.

The air whipped strands of hair into my face, and suddenly I was cushioned by a net. The net rolled to the side, and I rolled off before someone wrapped their arms underneath me.

I did it!

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Cassie," I breathed, looking back at the hole again.

"My name's Four." He said before spinning me around. "Second jumper, Cassie!" Then more woops and cheers.

Four was a lot taller than me, big lips and dashing eyes. He was gorgeous.

Standing besides the first jumper, Tris, we waited until the last jumper was on his feet. Then Eric came flying through before Max.

"Alright, initiates. We know some of you are Dauntless-born, and some of you are transfers, I want Dauntless-born to go with Max and Lauren, while the transfers follow Eric and I."

Walking through a hall, I realise that this place reminds me of a cave. Rock walls, floor and a glass ceiling (sadly that didn't go with the cave idea, oh well). But one good smack and you'd be dead for sure.

I didn't think much about that.

"This is the Chasm. Many have fell to their death... So be careful." Eric grins while Four shot him a glare. Apparently that wasn't information supposed to be shared. Eric walked besides Four and they start speaking in hushed tones.

After a few more minutes, Four said: "This is the Pit. Centre of life here at Dauntless."

Eric smirked and said: "Take them to their dorm."

Our dorm was like renting a crappy hotel room. One star hotel room, to be presise. And having experience, this place would put the hotel to shame. Honestly.

There was thirty creaky, rusty metal beds, open bathroom and toilets. At the end of the beds were small black bags which were empty.

What the hell? I have no idea what I'm doing, what this... this... place is and why the heck I chose to explore it!

And the least I could have is have a decent accommodation!

"What's up, Candor? It's not like you're not used to keeping everything out in the open!" Eric murmured in my ear before walking off.

Twat.

Four stood at the stairs. "Right, I want you to wear these." He points at the pile of black clothing nearby. "Throw your old faction clothes here." He points in a different area. "Then meet in the Pit."

Slipping off my own clothes, the new clothes fit snug on me. I felt like I was wearing spy clothes. Tight, flexible and I could totally live in them.

In the Pit, I sat on one of the seat-like rocks. As I was the only one done, I start playing with my fingers. An old habit of mine.

"The first stage is based upon your physical activities!" Four said as soon as we were all gathered together.

Eric had sat near me on the rocks but I got up wanting to get away from him after him snapping at me about what's so funny?

Yeah, I'd shiver after that look he gave me too.

"You will be trained seperately from the Dauntless-born, but you will be ranked together!" Four continued, I watch as he points towards the other group.

"And on the score board, if you are below the red line, you're cut." Eric cut in and began to walk up front. I could feel his power when he stood in front of us.

It's intimidating. Really.

"Cut to do what?" One asked.

"To become factionless." Eric said as he stared at me. However I was really confused, I kept my face emotionless.

I have a feeling that becoming factionless is a bad think with some people gasping and the horror splashed on their faces.

"Why weren't we told that?" Someone else asked.

"What? So you could have chosen picked differently?" Eric snaps. "It doesn't matter if you are going to lose. You are Dauntless. You chose us; now it is our time to chose you."

Alright, you know earlier I thought of him being a twat? Well now I've changed my mind.

He is the biggest dick I have ever met.

Fan/vote/comment!

Hoped you liked it so far of WSC!!

Until next time!

C.I.