Chapter Eighteen.

Chapter Eighteen.

I wiped the corners of my mouth. There. I vomited. The sick feeling had passed.

The cell was small, but it still a lot of light shone through the windows.

"Can I have some food?" I talk to the glass wall. Peter had his back to me. He must have heard me because he turned slightly, grinned and faced the front again.

I smacked the glass with my hand. "Please?" Smack. Smack. "At least a drink. At least." This time he ignored me.

I sat in front of the glass, glaring at the floor below me. Stupid, stupid. Why exactly did I come here?

Why did I wanted to explore what's within the fence? My curiosity. And its going to get me killed.

Jeanine stepped into view, and I got to my feet. She took me back to where Four was and shoved me in a machine.

"You are making a mistake." I spat. Jeanine, like Peter, ignored me.

She pressed a button after attaching wires in various places, one being on my stomach.

She tapped on the computer screen. "Mm. Interesting. Carl?" She called over an Erudite lad.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Jeanine just pointed at the computer screen.

"Tell me, is that what I think it is?" Jeanine replied, blanking out my growls.

"Yes, yes. It appears to be." Carl blinked rapidly behind his glasses, pushing them further up his nose. "Our machines are never wrong, Jeanine."

Jeanine smiled warmingly. "I know, Carl." She turned to me. "You're pregnant."

I hissed, "So? What does it matter to you?"

Jeanine purshed her lips. "It does. Who did you have sexual intercourse with?"

The personal question threw me off guard. I felt my feet heat up at the topic. "That is none of your business."

"Yes, actually, it is. You are our subject, and I need to know everything about you. Who did you have sexual contact with?"

"Your Dad." I threw back.

"That will he hard. He's dead. Now, let's try again: who is the father of that baby?"

I looked away and stared hard at the wall opposite me. I'm not telling her, never in a million years.

"If you are trying to protect him, its pointless." Jeanine pointed out.

My gaze snapped to hers. "If everyone knew that I was pregnant, I'm sure the father of this child will figure out its his. And if he wants, he can step forward."

Jeanine shot me a grin. "If you are not going to cooperate, I won't give you food you desperately want."

"You won't do that. Because you will need me alive and healthy for me to have the examination." I clearly point out.

Jeanine stared at me for a second, before leaving me strapped into a chair.

I look at Four, when footsteps behind me were heard. I looked around.

"Tris?" I whispered, not quite believing what I was seeing. "You're alive?"

Tris sniffed, looking behind her. "Yes. I am." She tiptoed to me and used a knife to cut through the strong straps. "Is it true?" She whispered when I got to my feet. "You're pregnant?"

So much for keeping it a secret.

"Yeah, but that doesn't matter. Four is in a serum. He's dangerous!" I said sharply as she began freeing Four.

"Four?" Tris shook Four. Four stared blankly at Tris before grabbing her neck and shoving her to a wall.

"Four!" I yelled, jumping onto his back. "No! Stop!" Four knocked Tris and then threw himself against the wall, me first.

My hold on Four loosened, and Four span around and went to kick me. He did. I got up and he tried punching me, I dodged the first one, but the rest kept connecting me with different parts of my body.

"Tris!" I called, and the moment of distraction, Four hit me and I fell to the floor with a oomph.

Tris began her fight with Four, she got flipped, punched and kicked. She didn't give up.

"Tris!" I called and slid the gun across the floor. She gripped it and held it to Four.

I heard guns cocked and noticed that Erudite surrounded us. Two was aimed at me.

"Four, its me! It's me, it's me, it's me." Tris repeated, holding the gun tightly. She looked at me, and swing the gun to herself. Four grabbed at the chance to have the power.

"Tris!" I cried. She didn't spare me a glance.

"It's okay, Four. I love you." Tris murmured. "It's me." Tris held her hands against his cheeks. "It's okay, I love you."

I don't know what she did, but Four suddenly nodded. It was a small gesture, but I noticed it. Suddenly, the gun shots echoed the room, and Four was shooting Erudite.

I scrambled for one of the guns, and began shooting men: their blue coats stained like bleach on carpet.

Shooting another one, I pressed the trigger to have nothing come out. Shit. Empty gun equals useless.

"Tris!" I ran at an Erudite who was running towards True. I punched him hard; his teeth clicked and his head bashed against the floor.

Four attacked another Erudite, and he fell into computers and glass smashed everywhere.

"Ow!" I growled when I got hit at the back of the neck. My eyes landed on a woman as she bent to pick up a piece of glass in her hand.

"Don't hurt Cassie!" Jeanine then yelled as she was hit with a knife. The knife had sunk into her hand and through one of the computer screens.

The woman snarled at me, ignoring her boss's command, and attempted stabbing me with the glass shard.

As she threw her weapon at me, I gripped her wrist and twisted it. Then when I had her at my command, I knocked her out.

I turned to see Tris holding the knife at Jeanine's throat. Four was watching her.

"You might die doing what you believe in, but so am I." Jeanine snapped.

"Four," I say when Tris looks back at him. "There." I nod towards the needle and one spare serum unsmashed on the floor.

"You can't do it, can you?" Jeanine said when Tris pushed her away. "It looks like you are not as Dauntless as you thought you were."

The screens dotted around the room showed Dauntless pointing guns at Abnegation.

"Tris." Four said and tossed her the loaded needle.

"You're right." Tris said. "I'm Divergent." She injected the serum into Jeanine. "Now, shut it down and wipe the program."

Four clicked on one of the computers, and Jeanine moved and disabled the program.

Four went over to Tris when Jeanne was done. I stood in Four's place at the computer.

There was movement on the screen and I frowned deeply. Clicking on it, the small rectangle filled the screen.

"Guys, we need to go. Like right now." I cut through the silence.

I lock eyes at the screen. Max. And his Dauntless drones were behind him.

"We need to go. Max is here and he will kill us."