Chapter Thirty One.

Chapter Thirty One.

We walked through the building without bumping into anyone.

I rubbed my wrists as the plastic strips were set on too tight, I felt the barrel of the gun dig into my butt. Eric walked besides me, Four was behind us, murmuring which way to turn when we came at the end of the corridor.

Four ordered right, and we were faced with an exit. He pulled out a knife and snapped the plastic away from my limbs, and told us to be ready to run.

He pushed open the door, and sprinted. I sprinted behind him, Eric right besides me, as if he wasn't letting me out of his sight.

Four sprinted towards a building, and we passed through, and we ran towards the train track where bodies were scattered at every corner.

Four jumped on the train, pressing a button which opened all the doors. Eric jumped in after, one hand on the door frame, he leaned out the train while his hand was outstretched towards me.

I was running out of platform, I gripped Eric's hand, and he pulled me up as I jumped on. My feet safely on the floor of the train, and I crashed into Eric's chest as he pulled me into a hug.

I'm sure he's acting nice because he cares. Even though he is a dick at times.

He pulled away. "Alright?"

"Fine." I replied, scanning the rest of the cart.

Tris was with Four at the back of the car, Caleb was sat in the corner, knees up to his chest, eyes trained on his feet. His clothes were crinkled, his hair was messy. He looked exactly like an Erudite isn't. Peter was opposite Caleb on the other side of the train.

"What about you?" I murmured, I was tired. But relieved that I was back out from Erudite Headquarters.

"Nervous." Eric? Afraid?

"Since when do you get afraid?" I grinned. "People like you aren't supposed to be afraid."

"Everyone is afraid of something." He replied, looking out the window, where we passed buildings which were beginning to get further apart as we got closer to the fields. "I just prefer to hide it." He shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

"You're fine. Once we're free from this hell hole, we'll be fine." I reassured him, and leaned against the train's wall. "We'll be safe."

***

"Get ready to jump." Four cut through the silence.

It reminded me when I first had to jump off the train onto a roof top just to get into the Dauntless compound. I had grazed my hands doing that.

Four jumped off, followed by Tris, Caleb and Peter. It left Eric and I.

"Ready?" Eric asked when he had his hand around mine. I didn't reply, but nodded.

We ran towards the opening, and jumped in the darkness, no idea where we were landing.

My feet connected to the floor much quicker than I expected. Eric grunted as he bent his knees to stop himself falling over.

"Cassie?" Tris called somewhere to my left.

"Over here!" I called back. Tris found us, flashing a flash light in our eyes. She held a gun in her other hand.

"I'm sorry to say this, but you can't out run me." Four says to Caleb, gripping on to his upper arm. "You can try, but you won't win."

I didn't question why Caleb wanted to run. It wasn't my business.

A few more lights hit in our direction. I span to find a few more people, two women and a man: Christina and Uriah, another initiate from Dauntless. I didn't know the other woman.

"What do we do now?" The woman I didn't know asked.

"Follow the tracks." Tris whispered, and handed the flashlight to Four. "You leading, Tori?"

The woman, Tori, nodded and began leading the way.

Being bored, I jumped from each wooden plank that held the track together, occasionally balancing on the edge for fun.

I could hear laboured breaths in the deafening silence. Every step made a slight crunching noise, and I cringed as it disturbed the silence.

"Wait! Everyone stop!" Tris called, stopping suddenly that I walked straight into her back. She didn't seemed bothered by it.

I froze, then I heard it: cars. Car doors slamming, the crunch of feet slapping the ground.

"Turn your lights off!" I whispered harshly. They did.

My breathing became thick, then my skin crawled when something touched my arm, and trailed down to my hand. It curled around my hand.

"Only me," Eric says lightly.

I bit my lip as the footsteps went besides me, but far away enough that they couldn't hear my ragged breathing.

A crackle of stones made my skin crawl, then a shot echoed.

Someone yelped, Eric cursed and pulled me away from the gun man, we sprinted in the dark.

Another shot sounded, and Eric threw himself on me, and we crashed to the ground. Stones grazed my hands, something was poking my stomach.

Eric had his body pretty much covering mine. His chest met the back of my head, I looked up at him. He grimiced in pain.

"You okay?" I whispered, jumping when another shot sounded. I don't think I'll ever get used to being the one without a gun. Dauntless had guns everywhere, and I lost my gun when Eric pulled me.

"Yeah. Fine. You?" He rushed, slowly raising his body off of me and lay besides me. "Where's your gun?"

"I'm fine; I dropped it." I replied, scanning around. "Can you see anyone?"

"It's clear!" Tris yelled, and I immediately got to my feet. I walked in the direction of Tris's voice, Eric only one foot behind me.

I bent to the floor, picking up a discarded gun, I checked how many bullets there was: it was full.

"Everyone alright?" I asked as a few more came to where we were. "Was anyone shot?"

Tris scanned around her. "No."

Tori cleared her throat. "Let's go, more may be coming." She walked in the direction we were originally heading, and I scanned my surroundings before following.

We walked a little longer, until the tracks shook slightly beneath my feet. Tori slowed down, and a light was moving up ahead.

Was this another train?

The light came closer, brighter, and I shield my eyes with my hand. Johanna stepped out with a few others.

"Nice to see you again." Johanna said, not directing her words to anyone in particular. But had her eyes locked on Tris.

Tris and Four looked at Johanna with confusion. Exactly why was Johanna here? Why isn't she at Amity?

The other woman looked down. "Tris. This is for you." She bent down, placed something on the floor, then stepping backwards.

I thought this woman and Tris already knew each other, but the look on Tris's face told me she had know idea who this woman was.

"How do you know my name?" Tris narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

And not her real name, but her name that she chose at Dauntless.

I eyed the piece of paper on the floor, as Tris bent down to pick it up.

"...Mom?"

Okay! This will be the last update FOR AT LEAST A WEEK!!

I'll update as soon as I get back as there will be no wifi where I'm heading! *gasps*

I hope to see lots of comments and votings when I get back, I'll be a happy girlllll!!!!

I'll see you soon!

C.I.