Chapter Forty Eight.

Chapter Forty Eight.

What started as tiny dots in the sky, grew larger, forming into a swarm of planes.

"What the hell are you doing sitting there? Drive!" I yelled, punching his arm repeatedly. Each harder than the last.

Eric gripped the gear stick, shifting gears harshly, and slamming his foot down on the accelerator. I crashed back into my seat, watching as we sped through the gates, and back into the city.

We bounce viciously in our seats, and I instantly spot them just ahead. Running.

The car span, and I clambered into the back, and opening both doors wide open whilst Eric was still driving. Driving back to the gates.

"What are you- stay in the car!" Eric hisses as I lean out of the moving car, my arm outstretched towards Four. He was a couple of feet away, but he ran faster and gripped my hand. I yanked him so hard, he fell in the car, on top of me.

He got up to his feet quickly, and held his hand out to the next person: Tris. She was pulled in as the car was still moving. She almost hit her head, not used to jumping into moving vehicles with a small doorway.

As I crawled to the other door, I pulled Christina in, then she pulled in Uriah. The Uriah pulled in another lad. When the back got cramped enough, I clambered to the front, hitting my head on the ceiling twice, almost kicking Christina in the head as I slid over into the passenger seat.

"You suck at driving," I grumbled, watching the MPH dial increase from fifty, and slowly reaching to sixty.

"Sorry to disappoint." Eric snaps, shifting gears again, and the car's sped increased to sixty five miles per hour.

The car was reaching Amity gates, my hope of freedom increased, my breathing became thick, as if I've been running a marathon. Silence overwhelmed us all in the car, as we crossed the line of the city, and the outside world.

I span in my seat, looking through the rear window. The planes drew long lines of clouds in the sky, before boxes upon boxes were dropped with parachutes: all landing in different areas of the city.

There was no way telling that the city's memory was getting wiped. No smoke rose from the city. No explosions. No screams. Nothing.

We carried on driving. Further from the city. Closer to our freedom.

"What do we do now?" Christina gasped, catching her breath. "We need to get the others- Tori... Peter..."

From where I was sitting, all five of them- Tris, Four, Christina, Uriah and the other lad all looked cramped. They were all pressed shoulder to shoulder, hip to hip.

"Do one of you want to sit in the front with me? You all look cramped." I said, disregarding Christina's question. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go back to the airport, personally.

Yes, we have left them behind. Peter was a snotty brat that needed a life in the real world, and Tori? I don't know her well enough to know if she is worth going back for. I mean, is she trustworthy? Does she even want to live actual life? To live beyond the walls where everything has consequences, where you have to earn actual money and live in a completely new world to the one where she grew up in?

Would she be brave?

"Yeah, I will." Tris battled her way through the gap between the drivers chair, and the passenger's chair. I shifted so I could sit in her lap, my back against her chest.

We fell in silence then the question was brought up again. "Are we going back for the others?"

I internally groaned. What good will that do us? Tris betrayed the Alliance by telling us all of their plans. I stole a car. We got someone out of the city.

I'm sure if we go back, we would all have our memories back, then I'll be sent back to my dad, wondering where the hell I've been for God knows how long, and who is the father of the baby. Then I'll have trouble answering them if I have no recollection of my whereabouts for the past God knows how long.

What a night would that be.

"We should go back." Christina said when no one answered her. "Tori doesn't deserve to be left behind."

Yeah, Tori. No mention of Peter. Doesn't he deserve a fresh start no matter how much of a prick he is? Yes. He does.

I fell asleep not too long after that. My head resting on Tris's shoulder, my arms crossed and my feet tucked- so I was basically a human ball on Tris's lap.

"Cassie, get up."

I groaned, then when I got a got a shove, my eyes snapped open. The first thing I notice was that it was sunset. We were parked besides a large building. The airport. How long had I been out?

"Come on, Cass, my legs need to feel alive again."

I grumbled something unintelligible, and opened the car door. Cool air swirled around me, the air filling my lungs were fresh, I could almost sleep again. It's like when you go on holiday, and you have a wonderful sleep. Kinda like that.

"We shouldn't be here." I mumbled. Then I looked into the car. "Where's Four and Eric?"

"Gone to get the others." Tris replied, getting out of the car herself. I sat in the empty seat. "As soon as we have them, we're going. You're our... Leader. Guidance person. Whatever you want to call it. Act normal and blend in."

I let out a sigh. What is the plan, exactly?

I need money, I did have some but goodness knows where that went. We need clothes... A place to stay.... Food...

The original plan was to go to Dad's. Break in, get some money, clothes and anything  else, then rent a place for tonight. Then we have to get jobs to keep the money rolling in.

How was anyone going to employ Eric and Four for their strange tattoos? No one with lines on their neck and mazes on their arms got hired for a job before, not that I'm aware of.

"I'll have to think about it. " I mumbled to myself. I couldn't stay in my home town for long. Too many people know me. People will be on alert. I need to get in, then out. Then gone.

"Hey, what else happens in-" Tris was yanked back into darkness. I leaped to my feet, ready to pounce. Some groaned sounded in front of me, then a figure crashed to the ground at my feet. A man?

"Touch him and I'll shoot you." A woman said sharply as I was about to question him violently. "Hands up."

Oh, yay. I'm getting arrested!

"Where's Tris?" I narrow my eyes, then a slam from inside the car make me jerk around. Another figure was dragging Uriah out, followed by Christina.

Hands gripped my wrists. I tried to kick whoever it was, but yelped when  a gun was pressed cold against my skull.

"We are going to have a little talk." The woman snapped, before she bashed something cool and hard against my cheek.

I AM SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UP DATED IN A WHILE! I HOPE YOU CAN FORGIVE ME!!

C.I.