Chapter Twenty One.

Chapter Twenty One.

"Where's everyone?" I ask Caleb the following afternoon. "I can't find anybody."

Caleb was chored to do the dishes in the kitchen, whereas I had to look after the horses.

Caleb washed a plate, after scrapping the leftovers into a bin. "Peter and Tris have been pulled out of their jobs for their fight."

I shrugged at his answer. I knew Johanna wanted to speak to the pair after I got smacked in the jaw by Peter whilst splitting up the fight.

A purple bruise has blossomed most of my right side of my jaw.

In the end, Four pushed the pair away from each other after my failed attempt.

As Caleb placed the clean plate of the rack, I picked it up with a towel. I really need to find some hobbies. I really do.

"You don't have to do that, I can handle it." Caleb says in his soothing voice.

"It's fine, honestly. I'm just really bored in doing the same thing every second of the day." I placed the plate on the table, and looked out the window.

They're out there somewhere. And they are hunting us down.

I didn't know them that well, but I knew that Jeanine won't stop until she gets what she wants. Like a baby.

"They won't get us today, Cassie. It's getting late, and Jeanine doesn't like hunting at nights."

"It doesn't mean that she's sent someone else to hunt us." I sigh, drying another plate. Then another, and another in silence.

I helped Caleb until all the plates were done, and Caleb wanted to visit the horses.

"This is Nibbles." I pat a brown-patched horse, and let him nibble snacks from my hand. "You want to try?"

Caleb nodded and I placed some nibbles in his hands and told him to lay his hand as flat as he can.

"You don't want him biting your hand, it hurts like a mother fucker." I explain.

"You sure know a lot about horses, don't you?" Caleb comments as I start brushing Nibbles fur.

"Yeah, I used to love them back at home." I reply, "Sometimes I used it as an escape."

It was silent, apart from Nibble's munching. Until footsteps echoed behind us. "Johanna wants a meeting tomorrow. In the office."

I nodded. I knew what it was about. But what I also knew that it isn't going to go well.

***

After a nice shower, I allowed myself to wear clean Dauntless clothes. There was no way I was wearing colourful clothes.

"I thought we had an agreement! We allow you to stay in Amity as long as you don't fight! You broke your promise." Johanna directed her last sentence to Tris and Peter.

"If you give us a couple more days, we will be out of your hair." I said, fingers curled around the cool glass of water, only half empty.

I noticed that I needed a pee. A lot.

Which is the last thing I need whilst being on the run.

"You all agreed to behave." Johanna stated. "And you broke your promises." She repeated, walking towards a huge window that had a view of the fields and the relaxing atmosphere.

"Please! One more chance!" I begged. I was panicking that if I go out there, I will be captured and the whole tests of torture will begin.

Four added, "It won't happen again. We just need a place to stay for a couple of days and we will leave."

I glanced at the rest of us: Marcus was no where to be seen, Tris and Four were sat together hand in hand, Caleb had a cool expression. He wasn't bothered, it looked like he had other plans in mind. And Peter? Well, he just shot Tris a look as if it was her fault.

It wasn't. I didn't think it wasn't. Peter was the one to lunge across the table and threw the first punch. Tris was attacking in defense.

But Tris may have provoked it...

It was oddly silent in Johanna's office. I didn't like it. It felt like someone was watching. I didn't like it.

Johanna pursed her lips, and looked at the wooden wall behind us. "Alright," she looked down at Tris. "One day. I can give you one day. Tomorrow morning I want you gone."

A smile broke on my face.

"Amity will give you one day because we believe in second chances." Johanna was still looking at Tris.

Tris looked up at Johanna. "Thank you."

Good morning! Or afternoon! Or night!

I'd thought I'd update today, and now since I've left school (though I still have to go in for exams :/ ) I can write more chapters for you guys!

Hoped you enjoyed the book so far!

I want to say thank you for your votes and comments. I literally sit staring at my phone, happy that you guys are liking the story.

I mean, who doesn't want a little bit more on Eric? *sighs dramatically*

Anyway, vote/fan/comment!

C.I.