Chapter Twenty Three.

Yes, you heard me. Eric was one of them.

He was slightly hobbling, as if his leg wound that Tris had caused had nearly healed. I looked at his leg. Fresh trousers.

Johanna Reyes stood besides the three Erudite, two men and one woman. It wasn't Jeanine.

The table shook, and Tris was biting her lip ever so slightly, and tapping her fingers against her knee. I curled my fingers, digging my nails into my palms.

Johanna looks at the Erudite, before looking at us again. "Our Erudite and Dauntless friends are looking for some people. Several members of Abnegation," I didn't know that some Abnegation was still alive. I didn't even notice.

"Three members of Dauntless and a former Erudite initiate." Johanna smiles. "In the interest of full cooperation, I told them that the people they were looking for have moved on. They would like permission to search the premises, which means we have to vote. Does anyone object to a search?"

I kept my hand glued at my knees. I didn't dare move. Any moment and I'm sure they would know that I'm not Amity.

"Three of you stay, and the rest of you go and search. Report back if you find anything." The Erudite woman snapped at the guards. "Go."

It wasn't like they were going to find much. Just Dauntless clothes.

It wasn't like I was going to carry a whole backpack full of shit, am I?

My skin prickles as the three remaining Dauntless began wandering around tables, inspecting everything as they go by.

Shit. They're going to find us...

The gun itches my ankle, wanting to be used. I scratched my cheek to take the feeling away. They're going to find us...

The Erudite woman, scans the crowd with narrowed eyes. I held my breath when she looked at me, but released when she diverted her attention elsewhere.

"Carla, we've found the remaining pieces in one of the bedrooms." A Dauntless soldier enters the cafeteria, holding what I presume was the remaining pieces. Whatever they were from.

"Remaining pieces? Of the hard drive?" Carla stammers. "They smashed it?" She hissed. "They wiped our program and stole and smashed our hard drive?!"

It didn't take an idiot to know who they was.

I look slowly at Tris and Four, rising an eyebrow the tiniest bit.

Tris looked back, amusement dancing in her eyes. Okay. I now know who smashed the hard drive. But what was in it? What information did it contain?

"Find them!" Carla barked, and the three Dauntless soldiers. "Find them! They couldn't have gone far!"

We are right here. In the same room.

I looked back at the front, to where Carla was about to blow like a volcano, Johanna cool as a cucumber and Eric was stood behind them. He wasn't looking anywhere near my direction.

The three Dauntless soldiers lifted their guns, and the Amity all scream and dove under their table for shelter. I screamed for show, then threw myself underneath the table before pulling my gun out.

The Dauntless looked under the table, studying faces as they went by. I knew that after this, we were busted.

I knew that as a fact.