Chapter Sixteen.

Chapter Sixteen.

"What?" I say to myself as everyone around me was getting changed. "Christina? Tris?" I went to face Tris's bed but her bed was empty. No sign of her.

"Christina, what's going on?" I shook her shoulder. She gave no sign of talking which did seem odd.

I scrambled for my clothes and threw them on. Everyone was quiet and walked slowly. I copied.

We were entering the pit, with Christina right in front of me.

"They see and hear us, but they don't process it the same way we do. All their orders come from the computer." Max says, standing besides Eric.

Oh, Eric. What are you doing?

Christina picked up a gun, I copied and cocked it when everyone else did. Then we stopped.

"What's going on?" A man said behind me. "What are we doing?"

Eric slid a smile at Max. "Divergent." Max murmured.

Divergents are classed as dangerous. Tris's words run through my mind.

"I'll handle it." Eric says and pulls his gun out. "It's okay, there is nothing to be afraid of." Eric shot the man in the head.

I really hope they haven't done that to Tris...

Eric stared down at the body at his feet. And eyed everyone in the lines around him. I kept my eyes glued to Christina's neck.

Don't move. Don't blink. Heck, don't even breathe. If he finds out that the serum didn't work on me, I'd be dead. Like that man.

Eric wandered over in my direction. My whole body froze.

He stopped right besides me.

"What's wrong?" I heard Max call over. "You don't think she's one, do you? I'm surprised she actually survived initiation."

"No, no I don't think she is one." Eric replied, letting his finger trail down my cheek, and he brushed the hair away from my face.

I refused to look at him. I wanted to, I really did. But if I did, he'd know and I'll be killed. Period.

Then he said as if I was his friend: "I know you came from the outside. You tried to hide it, and I've got to say, you did well. Even for an Outsider."

He leant down, and pressed his lips to my cheek and walked off. It was a good job because my face is red.

The line started moving again, and soon we were all in the train, in neat rows. Side by side, one behind another.

The gun felt hot in my hands. Where were we going?

I heard steps behind me, and the gun suddenly felt ice cold in my hands. The footsteps stopped then started. Then it stopped besides me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see brown hair. The person who was missing this morning.

I slowly turned my head, and she looked at me and smiled. She looked the opposite way and I saw Four. They were holding hands and I let out a shakey breath.

"Where are we going?" I whisper, I'm afraid to disturb the silence.

"No idea, I'll guess we find out." Tris murmured, also afraid of breaking the silence with people in the room.

***

We stepped off the train, I was glued besides Tris, and Four on her other side.

There was grey buildings everywhere. People wore grey. Everything here was grey.

Abnegation.

"We need to find my parents." Tris said to Four.

"Where's your house?" He replied, and Tris lead the way until we were at one of the grey houses. I looked around me before slipping in the building.

Everything was neat, and I tensed when Tris called out to her parents. I was afraid they were going to hear us.

"They're not here." Tris said irriatedly.

Four looked at her with the tips of his mouth turned down.

"Is there anywhere they could have gone?" I asked. "Like a security building...?" Tris shook her head in reply.

"We need to move. Before they know we're Divergents." Four suddenly said.

"How can I be Divergent? I'm from the outside." I question.

"That's probably why." Tris said as Four pulled open the door and peeked through.

"Come." Four quickly slipped through and I waited a moment to follow. When I caught up with them, Eric and Max was there.

He pops up everywhere!

Tris was stood behind Eric as he was in Four's face. Max was observing.

Eric took a step away, as if he was leaving, but stopped when Four cocked his gun.

"What?" Max asked hardly. "Think he might be?"

"There's one way to find out." Eric reply was short and aimed his gun at Four's head. "Say goodbye, asshole."

Tris moved and aimed her gun at the back of Eric's head. "Bye, asshole."

Max whipped his gun out and aimed it at Tris.

Four moved his gun at Max. "Move and you die."

I aimed my gun at Max. Eric looked behind him, saw Tris and I.

"The Stiff?" Eric laughed. "Two Stiffs. Two dead Stiffs." His eyes settled on me. "And an Outsider. I actually thought you weren't one, Outsider."

"We can't let a single Divergent slip through." Max said calmly. "This is what happens."

"Yet you had three in your faction." I said.

Max shot me a glare, and my eyes went to Eric. "I didn't know Outsiders could be Divergent." Eric says. "I actually thought that there was no other life apart from what's in here."

"You're wrong about that. There is a whole world out there that you didn't even know about." I snap at him.

Tris moved slightly, causing Eric to look at her. "You won't shoot me."

Tris said without missing a beat: "I think you'd be over estimating my character."

Eric paused, and moved so fast to grab Tris's gun. She pulled the trigger and shot him in the leg. Good. He deserved it.

Eric fell to the ground, and Four knocked Max's head with his gun. Ouch. I definitely won't be having a fight with Four anytime soon.

"Run!" Four said. I hesitated while looking at Eric and Tris pulled me into a run. We ran around the corner, me shooting a Dauntless when he appeared.

A gun shot behind us, I had a feeling it was Max. He wasn't shot before we ran. He was fine.

"Ow!" Tris yelped, and I saw blood spray as she was shot in her left arm.

"You're hit!" Four states and stopped. I crashed into Four.

"Oh no." I said, buzzing with adrenaline and excitement. "We're in trouble." I stated as I saw Dauntless coming in in all directions.

We're screwed.

Sorry for the late update! Was kind of absorbed in revision!

Hoped this made up for the wait!

Until next time, Little Outsiders!

C.I.