Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter Seventeen.

"Don't move!" Max called, and I stared at him. "Drop your weapons." I held the gun tightly in my hands, close to my stomach. Then I thought of the baby. Would I really risk both mine and the baby's life?

No.

I held the gun up, pointed at the sky and holding it in a manner that they'd see I'm not going to shoot them. Like in movies.

"Step back, Cassie." Eric growled, limping besides Max. I wish I'd shot Max when I had the chance.

I looked at Four. Who nodded. He held his gun as if he wasn't going to give up, neither did Tris.

I stepped back.

Max smiled as I obeyed his friend's command. "Adda girl, be a good girl otherwise we will shoot you. A little more please."

I looked back at Tris, she still had the hard glare directed at the Dauntless Leaders.

"I will shoot if you don't do as you're told." Max said. I looked at him, then at Eric. I gave him the hardest glare I could muster.

As I took a bigger step, Dauntless held my arms in a way that I couldn't run. Couldn't escape.

Max pointed his gun at me. "I suggest you give up your weapons or I will kill the girl."

My eyes locked on the gun, aimed at my head. I begin to snuffle up tears.

Don't you dare show you're weak! I thought harshly. Then I began to list everything I hate about them so I wouldn't show my weakness.

Tris stepped back and dropped her gun; Four followed shortly after.

They were grabbed by Dauntless and we were all dragged to one of the Abnegation houses. It looked like a replica of Natalie's.

A woman dressed in blue. I remember her from the Choosing Ceremony. Jeanine.

She looked at us three hardly.

"Tobias Eaton, Beatrice Prior and Cassie." Ha, this woman didn't know me. Only my name, and my initation scores. Nothing else. Apart from being an outsider.

I guess this woman wants to know everything. A crazier version of a nerd.

She looked back at Tris. And tutted. "Your parents would be ashamed. Divergent." She snapped the word at us.

Her eyes settled on me. "A Divergent. Outsider. Remarkable." She laid a hand against my cheek. If the guns weren't pointed at us I would have bit her hand.

"Maybe you are not as smart as you think you are." Four snapped, diverting her attention to him. Tris's gaze was locked onto Jeanine.

"Why are you attacking these innocent people?" Tris says, jerking her shoulders as the Dauntless held her too tight.

"Innocent people?" Jeanine scoffs. "Abnegation left unchecked will destroy the faction system."

"Well, its a bit late for that, isn't it?" I hiss at her. "You are the one that's destroying the factions. You are starting war."

Jeanine looks at me. "No, it isn't. We are simply restoring the peace."

"No, you destroyed it." Four snapped at her.

"No, human nature destroyed it. And you." Jeanine's eyes went to me. "You are the cause of this destruction."

"I didn't so anything!" I hissed. Suddenly feeling sick. I haven't eaten anything today, and I'm sure the baby wants some food anytime soon.