Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen.

"Excuse me, where's the lady's essentials?" I asked the man behind the counter.

He smiled as he took in my appearance. "Sure! It's down there." He pointed down the far side of the shop. "And in the far corner."

"Thank you." Following his directions, I found all of the things I need.

Back at the counter, I place the two boxes of tampons and the one pregnancy test in front of the man. I paid with my points and he shoved them in a dark bag.

Leaving the shop, I ran into Four.

"Hello." He smiles down at me. "Have you seen Tris?"

"She'd probably be back at the dorm if she's just had her simulation." I reply, itching, dying to know the results. Out of all times he needs me, I'm in a hurry.

Please tell me, does this happen to you too?

"I've just checked there, but if you see her, tell her I'm looking for her. It's important."

"Sure." I murmured, and when he left, my breathing became harsh the closer I got to the dorm.

Please don't let anybody be in....

Tris was.

"Tris, Four's looking for you. Something important?" I quickly said, wanting her to leave so I can do my business.

"Sure sure! Any idea where he is?" Tris sat up.

"The Pit? Food? He was near the tattoo shop a second ago."

"Alright. Catch you later." She winked and fled the room.

Slipping in the bathroom, I drop my bag to the closed toilet seat and rifled through the bag. Ripping the box open, I fumbled with the device.

I waited a couple of minutes before telling myself I was being silly. The answer won't change if I look at it now, or in an hour.

I should just look. It won't hurt. Physically, anyway.

My eyes hurt in squeezing them too tight. Opening them, I nearly collapsed with the closure blinding my eyes. Then my vision cleared.

Positive.

What?

That can't be right, right?

Looking at the box, and sure enough: it wasn't wrong. It wasn't a fake, it wasn't a prank. And no prankster were going to come out anytime soon with cameras.

I am pregnant. With him.

Oh gosh, Eric. How the hell am I supposed to tell him? Him? If he was more approachable, I wouldn't mind as much but this is Eric we're talking about!

Why couldn't he be nice? Like Four! If Eric was more nicer and not like the next Grim Reaper who wants your soul, I wouldn't mind!

Eric might bite my head off. I mean, he did scream at me for being in his room even though he had the keys.

As if I had the keys to his apartment!

"Fuck." I grunted, shoving the device in the bag and snapping the door open. How am I going to tell Eric?

What am I going to do?

How am I going to tell Eric?