Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven.

"What are you doing here?" Eric asks, clearly pissed as his nose was flared.

"Joining you, what else does it look like?" I replied, my answer was laced with the duh tone.

I mean, what else am I here for than joining my best friends?

"So, what's the plan?" I asked again, when no one was replying to me. They all stared at Eric, who was fuming silently, who he was staring at me.

Probably thinking how on earth I got out of a pair of handcuffs that were attached to a bed.

What can I say? My amazing Cassie Magic is just, well, Magical.

"We were just getting Uriah's family, then we're heading back to the, uh, what was it called again?" Christina replied, throwing a thumb over her shoulder.

"Airport." I answered.

"Come on, we don't have all day." Four piped in, nudging Eric with his elbow.

I was surprised that they haven't ripped each other throats out yet, I bet they were full of being the dominant one back to where everything was "normal."

Their normal, not my normal, anyway.

Eric looked at Four, but didn't say anything. We all left the cars, and headed towards the Amity gates. Eric stayed by my side, he said nothing.

He's still pissed.

We entered what once was a glorious city, an escape from my life. Now it's a war zone. A dangerous barrier circled the city, and we all knew the risks that can endanger us all.

Amity still looked as what we left it as before. Though, you could see the odd weapon then and there, and the grass was upturned from the car tires.

It was silent. Too silent. Then as we approached through the woods, all I heard was the snaps of sticks and the heavy breathing of my own.

How are we not going to get killed?

"How exactly," I drawled out, jumping over a log. "are we going to find Uriah's family?"

"They might be in Dauntless headquarters." Uriah answered for himself. He looked at me over his shoulder, before Christina got his attention and his face lit up like she was the only light in his world.

God, I wish that happened to me.

We reached the edge of the woods, and I glanced at the scene: everything was a mess.

"Let's go," Four said, and walked off. We all followed, and we continued to follow him until we reached the place where we had to jump on the train.

We climbed the frame, and we waited with tapping feet, awaiting for the arrival of the train. It rounded the corner, but didn't slow down. We ran, and all swung ourselves in and I left Eric's side to look out the window.

The view was once a beautiful one, but now it's a horrendous one: it was a war zone.

Then, it was like as if I was taken back in time, because Four said: "We're ready."

Talk about the blast from the past...

I stood by the door, ready to jump, and as the building grew closer, I bent my knees and ran just as we were passing the building.

I landed on my own two feet with ease and Christina crashed to the floor. She hissed and brushed off the stones and dust from her hands and knees.

"You alright?" I asked, eyeing her. She gave a small smile before heading over to where we are going to jump.

Ah, the trampoline. The jump of death.

When we were all in Dauntless Headquarters, we follow Four and Eric, and when we heard talking, Eric was practically glued by my side.

"We're going," he said, gripping my arm.

"What? Why?"

"Because it's not safe."

"Yeah, well, nowhere is safe." I stated.

"We're going back to the cars." He started pulling me closer, tugging me away from the group. "Four knows, and we are going to be the getaway group. We don't have long until them twats at that airport are going to drop serum on us."

"And leave everyone else?" I questioned, alarmed.

"No, I said we're going to be the getaway group. When they're at Amity, we're driving in and collecting them- because apparently, you can drive."

I scoffed, "Sorry, I didn't realise it was a I-need-to-know information."

"Come on, we need to get out." Eric growled.

"No, we are not leaving them."

"No, we're not."

"Yes, we are."

"What are you doing to do? Make me?"

***

"I can't believe you did is."

Eric smirked at me, to where he sat in the drivers seat. I sat in anger, with my arms crossed and my beating heart was pounding.

"Believe it, because I did."

"No shit." I hissed, not looking at him. I glared at the walls of the city. I could see a peak of Amity, I couldn't see anyone.

"Where are they?" I asked, peering closer at the gates. "They should be here by now."

Eric mumbled something unintelligible. Typical.

A roar surrounded the atmosphere no longer than twenty minutes later. I frowned and stared up at the sky with my head out the window.

Planes.

Serum.

No memories.

"Ah, shit."

---------

Hello!

I am sorry that I haven't updated in a while, and that this chapter is shorter than the previous ones, but hey! I've updated! :D

C.I