Chapter Thirty Three.

After the wonderful dinner, I wandered around. Eventually coming across a small shop, that had obviously had been the airport's convenience store.

Shelves lined the medium sized room, pictured scattered around of planes: they were faded over time. The tiles were dirty, but were shining because the cleaner had just washed them.

"Hello." She said, before continuing back to her job. I smiled, I wonder if everyone here is nice.

But we all know that there's always that one person anywhere. Especially me.

I trailed my fingers along the edge of the shelves, scanning at the various objects on them.

"Are these for sale?" I asked the cleaner. She shook her head.

"This is just lost property. No one has claimed anything in over a year, so I say that it's fine for you to take whatever catches your eye."

I pressed my lips shut. I could do with some clothes. I needed more clean ones if I'm staying here for a while. Here's a tip: whenever on the run, try and make sure you have spare clothes.

Eyeing the nice cotton jumper, and sweat pants, I pick them up. Then I thought about Eric. Then the others.

I piled a bunch of clothing in my arms. I could've done with a shopping bag, or a trolley. But I managed to waddle up and down corridors, though gates, and into the dormitory.

"Look who's back!" I sang, dropping the pile of clothes on my bed and taking out the clothes I picked for me.

I scanned the room, only to feel stupid because only Peter was here. And it wasn't like we were buddy-buddy now after what he's done.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, fiddling with the cotton jumper. I slipped it on.

"Uriah, Christina, Tris and Caleb are all down by the gates." Peter said blankly. He jumped to his feet. "And I'm going too." He stormed out before I could ask why.

Shrugging the question off, I slip the rest of the outfit on me. The sweatpants were soft against my skin, but the papers of Peter's bed caught my attention more.

Casually strolling over to Peter's bed, I traced the shapes of the world with my finger. Each map diagram had gotten smaller, the red dot that pinpointed where we were had also gotten smaller.

I narrowed my eyes at the other dots. What were those for? Maybe other places like here? Like another experiment?

My hairs on my arms stood on one end. Has others became a war zone like here?

Dragging my hand down my face, I didn't want to think of the answer. I'm too tired. Crawling under my bed sheets after I placed the clothes on everyone's bed, I fell asleep.

***

When I woke up, the room was dark and I could hear everyone's breathing; telling me that they were asleep.

I sat up, rubbing my face. Swinging my feet off the bed, my toes touched something cold. Frowning in the dark, I looked down at the floor, and wafting my hand gently in the air to come across a tray.

Picking it up, I quickly open the door, and shut it behind me. I wander over to a row of seats, before looking at the tray.

A turkey sandwich.

I smirked, knowing all well who it came from.

Since Eric wasn't here, I couldn't argue with him that I wasn't hungry. But I knew that I've missed tea, so I forced myself to eat something.