Chapter Forty One.

I'M BACK!

Gosh, has it really been that long since I've last updated? Damn! I should really think of more ideas quick because I was seriously having a writer's block.

I'm not sure when the next update will be, because as I've said, writer's block. I struggled to write this chapter. *deeply sighs*

How are you guys doing? Enjoying whatever it is you may be doing now, whether it's college, work or you're still in school.

See you soon!

C.I.

Chapter Forty One.

I left with Tris, leaving Christina with Uriah in the hospital like room.

"So, what happens now?" I asked, when we had stepped into the toilets and I had washed my face in the sink. The water was black.

She gave me a confused look, a strand of hair over her eye, she brushed away with her finger. "What do you mean?"

I patted my hands dry against my crumpled shirt. "What do you mean what do I mean?" I question with a raised eyebrow. "With everything that's gone off in the city, we came here. Now that danger maybe following... Where would we go after?"

"You tell me."

This time, I was confused. "What do you mean?"

Tris shrugged, stepping forward to wash her face, droplets running down her face as she stood upright and glanced at me.

"You tell me. None of us know anything about life beyond the fence. You're the only person here that I can trust who is from out there."

I bit my lip. Where would we go? If we were to leave, assuming we are leaving? There was no way I'd go back to my Dad. He would question where I've been, ground me for doing such of a thing, then would probably move the wedding the day after I return.

I hate my Dad.

Though, he is loaded. Maybe, if I go back to Dad's, break in (though its not really breaking in if I'm still living there, even though I don't live there anymore), steal a whole roll (or few) of cash, pack some of my clothes for myself, Tris and Christina, and a few shirts and trousers for Eric and Four, leave before they notice that I returned.

Is that too risky of a plan? Where would we go after? How would we keep on bringing in money to survive? Surely we cannot keep on crashing in hotels all the time, where would we live?

Oh my God, so many problems in my life.

Life. Life is a dangerous thing. To all our lives.

Then I've got Baby Eric to think about. Jeez. What are we going to do?

Well? Any ideas? Because I'm open minded.

"We will need money. That's the main thing, and clothes, and somewhere to crash..." I murmured, fondling with my nails.

"What's money?" Tris asked.

Right, I forgot she and the others don't know the basics of life beyond the fence.

"It's..." How do you explain it? Normally if you mention the word money, everyone knew what you were talking about because they knew what it was. "It's something you use to pay whatever it is you buy, such as more food or clothes."

Tris nodded, still looking slightly confused at the new given information.

"Well, suppose we got to hear what's happening next, haven't we?" Tris said.

***

"David wants me in a meeting, so I'll go in, act like I'll do whatever it is they want me to do, come back and report then we can make our next move." Tris says, swinging her jacket around her shoulders.

We were in Uriah's hospital room. Uriah was still attached to the machines, Christina was sat in the chair besides him; gripping his hand. Tris was getting ready to leave and I was stood against the wall, arms crossed.

"So what's going to happen next?" Christina asks.

"We will decide when Tris reports back. We're not sure if we can trust these people anymore. They're not exactly into the idea of us living in my world." I reply.

"What about Eric and Four? Wouldn't they be against the idea of living in your world?" Tris tenses as the mention of them.

"It doesn't matter what they think, they made this mess." Tris snaps. "Right, I'm off. I'll see you later." Tris's eyes lingered on me for a second longer before heading out of the room.

What would we do if neither of the guys didn't come with us to live life? Real life? Would we leave them behind like every man for himself? Would we stay if they didn't want to come?

The Alliance. I didn't trust them. Here, we were supposed to be safe. Not be in danger.

Its because we trusted them, many people were injured and many had lost their lives due to Eric and Four's stupidity.

If I knew Nita was lying, and Tris knew she was lying, why couldn't they see that she was lying?

And why did she wanted the death serum anyway?

Who was she planning to kill?

"You alright, Cassie?" My eyes flickered to Uriah.

"Yeah," I pushed myself off the wall. "I've just got to do something. I'll be right back."

***

"Why did you want the death serum?" I cross my arms and looked down at the monster in front of me.

Yes. I have gone to see Nita. I had questions, and she had the answers.

"Why do you want to know?" She glared at me from her body cast. She was lucky I didn't have a gun on me because I could shoot her.

"Why did you want the death serum?" I ignored her question.

"What do you think?" She snapped, eyes narrowing thin. Her skin matched her cast: pale and dry.

"Who were you going to kill?" I rephrased my question. "You tricked Eric and Four to help you receive God knows what from the weapons room, their stupidity and yours put everybody in danger. My friend was in a comatose state, and both Eric and Four are being under watch because of their actions, and the least you can do is tell me who you were going to kill!" I darted forward and leaned down. "Tell me otherwise I'll do this." I pressed my foot on hers, crushing her cast slightly. Her face crumpled in pain.

"Fine fine. I wanted to kill the The Bureau of Genetic Welfare."

I let a not so sweet smile slip on my face. "That's all I needed to know."