Chapter Forty Three.

Chapter Forty Three.

That night, the whole gang was sat in our dorm: Tris had taken half of Four's bed, making Four sit at the very edge; Christina was lying with Uriah on his bed; Peter on his own (ha, loner); Caleb was also on his bed on his own; the woman, Tori, had vanished off- actually, I've barely seen her since I've met her and I completely forgotten about her until; and I was sat shoulder to shoulder with Eric on my bed, hands interlocked.

Tris, soon after Eric gave me his present, collared me with Christina, claiming they think we should tell everyone what the Government was planning to do.

Even though I did protest, Four and Eric had just gotten out of prison (I wouldn't even call that measley room a prison), and if they knew, especially so soon after release, they'd go ape-shit and they will go to save the day.

Not something we really need right now. We don't really want the Government knowing that we know what they're planning and that we are planning to go back to the city and pull a few people out (which the guys also don't know about).

They'll wipe our memory here as soon as they know of our plans. Then I'll have no memory of this adventure, and then I'll be wondering why the heck I'm pregnant because I would have forgotten Eric completely.

That's something I want to avoid completely.

"So is anyone going to talk or can I leave?" Peter pipes up.  "I have better things to so than sit in silence."

Okay, we may have not spoken for longer than usual.

"What? There's nothing better to do, and we all need to talk, actually. Whether or not you want to listen, but I should warn you that you should listen." I snap back.

"About what? Our next move? Jeanine isn't going to find us here, is she? We are out of the city."

"Jeanine is dead, you thick twat. Keep up."

Before Peter could snide back a remark, Eric said: "Keep your mouth shut because I won't hold back if she attacks. Touch her and your head will be detached from the rest of your body."

I smirked as Peter glared at me, jaw working. He didn't say anything.

"Cassie's right: we need to talk whether or not you want to listen. We are planning on going back into the city for Uriah's family." Tris said, pushing herself to her elbows.

From what I could see Four had furrowed his eyebrows and his eyes became dangerously sharp. He turned to Tris.

Eric had shifted, which made me look at him. As dangerous as he was, he had a cute confused face: wondering why we need to go back in the city.

"Why do we need to go back to a place we just ran from, only to pull out some people?" Eric asked bluntly.

I slapped him. "That's Uriah's family. We need to pull them out."

Four looked at me, and back to Tris. He figured out we've been talking, which was obviously clear on his face.

"Why? They won't be harmed there. My mother won't harm anyone." Four asked.

My eyes shot to Tris. She rose an eyebrow and I nodded. They all need to know anyway and it was going to happen sooner or later.

It's time to face the tantrums.

"The Government, believe it or not, want to wipe memories of everyone in that city, to restore the peace." Tris said and instantly, Eric tightened his grip on my hand. "And they all agreed that we should go back, apart from one of us."