Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Eleven.

I never jumped awake quick enough in my life.

"Calm down, your simulation fears are done. For now." Eric said without looking at me as he tapped away on his computer screen.

"Am I done?" I asked shakily. All I could think about that if they do find me, I'm dead.

Kill her.

Kill her.

Kill her.

"Not yet." Eric tapped the screen once more before facing me. I began peeling the wires off me quick so as soon as I'm done here, I'm running out of here as if my ass is on fire.

"I didn't understand your fears." Eric said calmly. "What were they? Is it your Dad? Andrew? Marriage? And the second one, I would really like an explanation for that one."

"The first one is... Being committed." I replied slowly, enough to think of an answer for the second fear. "I really don't want to talk about the second one."

I stood up abruptedly and Eric pressed his hands against my stomach. The slightest touch and it hurt.

Eric didn't notice. "Tell me, what was your aptitude test results." My what?

"What?" My eyes widen. To him, he'd think I misheard him; to me, I have no idea what my aptitude test results are, never mind having no clue what is a aptitude test!

"Your results for the aptitude test. What was it?"

I said the first thing that came in mind: "Dauntless." What that even an answer?

Eric nodded, stepping away when someone knocked on the door.

I assume I said the right answer. He didn't accuse me of lying. The thought of lying got me thinking about my fear. Fear of getting caught.

I did leave the bag with my stuff at the fence. If they had guards like I saw on my first day here, would they ever find it?

I hope not.

The door opened and stepped in Four. I clenched the hem of my shirt. "Alright?" Four said and I nodded.

"Am I done?" I ask Eric, my face going red at the thought of doing the dirty with him only hours before.

Gross, why did I think of that?

"Yeah," Eric's eyes flashed and I did what I wanted to do.

Ran out of there as if my ass was on fire.

***

Apparently, after our simulation, we were supposed to go to the Pit. It was Visiting Day.

The space was full of Dauntless initiates, and their families. I knew where mine was, so I got a drink from the bar and sat down.

"Your family isn't coming?" A voice asked and the seat besides me was filled with Eric's behind.

I thought about what I saw this morning. No! Don't think about that!

"No. They won't. I know they won't." I reply, sipping at the water. There was no way I was touching alcohol anytime soon.

Unless I wanted another one night stand.

Dude! Stop thinking about it!