Chapter Thirty Seven.

I barely heard the shouts coming from the people who were still running around.

They were screaming, both from fear and in pain. Blood covered majority of the floor along with the rubble and the odd body.

"Who do we get?" Matthew asked. I glared at him. He held his arms up in surrender. "Okay! Okay! We'll get Johanna."

He started jogging off towards the exit. I followed behind him, hot at his heels.

Then I heard it: Four's voice.

"What the-? Let go of me!" Four grunted. I ditched Matthew and bumped into Four.

Four was held in two large men's hold. Behind him was Eric, also getting arrested. I'm guessing Eric was involved in Nita's plan.

"Why are these getting arrested?" I question the guards.

Eric stared at me. "Where's your shirt?" Oh, no Are you okay? Or Your bleeding! Just Where's your shirt?

My heart panged at the thought of Uriah. His flimsy body not responding to my calls. Lifeless.

"Well?" I ignored Eric. I was angry. Hell, angry wasn't even the word for it. I was furious.

"Caught these two in the security room. Disabling the alarms." One replied. "Now they are arrested until further notice."

A gun shot echoed behind me. I almost drop my gun.

"Tris!" I gasped. Is she okay? Is she alive?

"What about Tris? Cassie! Wait!" Four yelled as I began running back towards Tris. "Let me help!"

"No!" I snapped. My hate filled eyes landing on both lads. "Don't even speak to me! You have no idea what you've done. What you've done to everybody here." To Uriah.

Then without another word, I ran back to Tris, my fingers trembling.

***

Tris is on the floor with David. Blood stained Tris's hands and arms, blood pooled around David like a bath.

I point my gun at Nita, and shot her in her shooting arm. She falls, her gun gliding in the blood stream away from her.

I aim at one of the men, pressing the trigger I quickly shot the next one down. They hit the wall behind them from the impact of being shot, before sinking towards the floor.

They groaned, and I bent over them and removed their weapons. Footsteps pounded behind me and I turned. Matthew brought some help.

It's a bit late now...

I dropped my gun to help Tris up as Matthew pulled David to his feet with difficulty: David had been shot in both knees.

Tris looked at me dazed before shaking her head.

"Are you okay?" I asked, snapping the gun into my trouser's waist. My thoughts went to Eric and Four, and my anger rose again.

"Fine." Tris replied a bit breathless. She looked at the blood trickling down the said of my face. "We need to take you to the hospital."

"So do you." I smirked, eyeing the wound on her cheek that hasn't stopped bleeding.

Matthew lead Tris and I to the hospital. It was packed with people, filled with the groans of the injured: which was pretty much everyone here.