Chapter Seven.

Chapter Seven.

"You shot... Eric?" Another initiate, Christina, splutters and then burst out laughing. I shrugged and picked at my cake.

The cake here is to die for.

"Yes, but Tris shot Peter!" I threw Tris under the bus. She giggled as she sat besides Christina and dove straight for the meat.

"Yeah, but we can beat him up any day. Eric though? You must have a death wish."

"That hasn't been thought off before." I smirked and shoved the last of the cake in my mouth. At least here in Dauntless I can be me.

Suddenly, everyone around us began hanging their cups and fists against the tables. Hooting and shouting.

"What's going on?" I say but it looked like I mouthed it with it being so loud.

The cheering came to a stop, and I follow Christina's gaze to the top of the room.

Max, and a few other leaders were besides him including Four and Eric. Eric looked at me, held it for ten (very long) seconds before looking away.

"We would like to welcome our initiates that have made it to stage two." Max called. I never knew that Dauntless could be so silence.

A silent Dauntless didn't feel right.

"Anybody below the line is cut!" Max said, and Eric clicked something in his hand and the screen besides him lit up.

Tris

Cassie

Kai

Peter

Christina

There were more but I didn't spare them a glance. I squealed, knowing that here I have a chance. A chance to live and not become factionless.

Which is basically homeless.

"Well done!" I chirped at Christina and Tris. We all squealed and pulled each other in a hug.

"This means we can kick Peter's ass for longer!" Christina whispered against mine and Tris's ear. We all laughed.

"Anyone that is below the line, must pack their things and wait until Eric collects you." Max finished and Christina, Tris and I giggled our way to our dorm.

"You've got to wait until he pulls a move, otherwise we'll be punished." Christina continues as we make our way in to our dorm and I head straight over to my bed.

Picking up the bag, I saw that there was a towel and other essentials.

I smiled. I so need a shower.

But before I did that, I went back to the shops, brought myself a bikini and slipped them on when I was back in the dorm. As the showers were open, I didn't want anyone to see me naked. No way.

No one else was here apart from Christina.

"I'm going for a shower, let me know if any boys decide to waltz in here, will you?" I asked, picking up my essentials.

"Sure!" Christina chirped back.

The shower was nice, and I felt much fresher than I did an hour ago.

Christina was gone when I returned my things back to my bed. Well.

Glancing around me, I dove into the clothes and ringed my hair out of any water. Then began brushing it quickly so I could go get more food.

But first I had to get past Eric.

"Where are you going, initiate?" He asks as he walks down the stairs, behind the to be factionless initiates.

"Back to the Pit." I replied. "I'm hungry, so therefore I need to eat food."

Eric stopped on the last step. "No, you're not. Aren't you going to pack your things?"

Why on Earth would I pack my- oh.

"Sorry, Eric but I think you are mistaken. I'm above the cut line; not under it." My stomach felt hallow as I was seriously hungry. "So therefore, I shall not pack."

Eric's lips tipped up in a smile, but vanished as soon as it came. "Well then, initiate. Off you go." He moved off the steps and I walked up a couple steps before looking back at him.

He was already looking at me. "Anyway, you can't get rid of me even if you tried!" I shot him a smile and dashed towards the Pit.

***

"Where did you guys go?" I ask, sitting back at our normal seats before the screen had lit up earlier.

"I needed to speak to someone." Tris replied. Has somebody got a boyfriend...?

"I had to come here, I heard Peter and Kai had a fight. I needed the juicy gossip." Christina replied while I eat some hamburgers.

Another thing you must try!

"And why was there a fight?" I questioned when my mouth was clear of food. "Peter is complains like a girl so it wouldn't surprise me." I added as an after thought.

Christina sniggered and Tris stifled a laugh behind a hand.

"It's nice how highly you think of me." I span around, still laughing when I spot Peter looking down at me. "But remember what I did the other night? I can easily do that again."

Christina and Tris stopped laughing when I got to my feet.

Eric, Four and a couple of leaders were on the table behind him. I looked at Eric who happened to look at me and my eyes shot to Peter.

I can totally get Peter caught if I play this right.

"I don't know, Peter. What did you do the other night?" I asked, faked confused.

He stepped closer. "You know what I did, and I full well know you shot me in that game to get payback."

I pressed my hand against his chest. "Personal space, buddy. But I must say, I don't recall whatever you did the other night. What about you, Tris?"

"Oh, no. Sorry Peter. I have no idea what you are going on about." Tris supported me. "Would you care to share?"

Peter glared at Tris, then his snake eyes slid on me. "You know what I did." He repeated, face becoming slightly red with fustration.

"No, we don't." I snapped back. "But it's so nice yet remarkably awkward for you to dream of me! How sweet!" I flashed him a smile. And not a nice one, either.

Peter growled. "I don't know what you're doing, but I know you're a good liar. About everything."

It was my turn to narrow my eyes at him. "Liar? I'm sorry, darling, but to know that someone's lying," I lent close and whispered: "it takes one to know one."

Peter hissed: "You know what I did, and I can easily do it again."

"As you keep saying, now run off to your buddies and plan how you're going to kick my ass. But remember this, I beat you twice, and I can easily do it again."

Peter let out a huff and stormed off. I grinned as I watch him retreat. Turning around, I slap my hands against Tris's and Christina's.

"Yeah, he is a girl!" Christina chirped and I laughed.

Sorry for the lateish update, but this chapter's in memory of my brother's friend, fly high and shine, and kick some footballs while you're there. We'll miss you, Darling.

C.I.