Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Four would have done the wake up call by now. I've been out here for hours!

The sun was shining bright. I wanted to get out of these clothes and I do not want to be cut from Dauntless!

"Come on!" I snapped angrily to myself, rubbing and pulling my wrists in all directions in order to get the ropes loose.

"Come on!" I growled angrier.

My wrists burned against the friction, but I didn't stop that was until my arms ached.

Pursing my lips, I looked around me and my eyes lit on a large-ish rock.

Bingo.

Bum dragging myself over a few feet, it wasn't only my wrist hurting, it was also my ass.

And I was getting my PJ's dirty!

My fingers fumbled furiously with the rock: one side was sharp so I began cutting at my ankles. When it was thin enough, it broke when I moved my feet apart.

Awkwardly, I cut the rope at my wrists. The rock was getting thin so I gave up.

But at least my legs were free...

I swung my legs over the side of the building and dropped through the hole without a problem. Though I struggled dearly when it came getting out of the net.

I knew I must have been a good few hours up at the top of the building. I could smell food.

I grinned as I went to the training room, cut the remaining ropes from my body and changed into the familiar black clothing. Brushing my teeth, I whip my hair up in a high ponytail.

What are you doing about Peter, Cassie? I hear you ask.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

The best revenge is served cold, right? Even though I promised killing him if he ever came near me again, I might just get the perfect revenge in the future.

Especially the future that he thinks he's got away with it. Ha ha, Peter!

Storming through the corridors, I knew they must be nearly done with the stimulations. Both times rolled into dinner, so I headed straight there.

Eric was there.

"Where were you?" He asked, and he reminded me of a possessive boyfriend. Which got me thinking about the baby. Our baby.

I felt sick that I had to tell him.

"I ran into a bit of trouble." I reply briefly. "But I'm here so can I do my simulation quick before dinner?"

"Dinner's nearly done. But you can come back to mine to get something?" Eric asked. Maybe this was his way of making it up to me.

I smiled. "Sure!"

If I hide from Peter, the better, right? The look on his face tonight will be priceless!

I sat in the seat, got injected and faced my fear.

But I had a new one.

I was in open fields. A white house was slapped in the middle, open windows, plain porch with a swinging seat.

Around the house was children's toys.

Oh, no. Don't tell me what I think it is.

"Mommy?" I look around to find a smaller version of me, only much more curlier hair than I did and much more sharp features.

And she sure reminded me of someone.

There was nobody around me, so I knew she was talking to me. "Yes, sweetie?"

What? Just because she's a simulation fear kid doesn't mean I can't be nice to her.

"Daddy left." She replied, eyes full of tears. "He left! Why did he leave, Mommy?" She wailed.

My eyes widened. What the hell do I do? I had no experience with a child before!

"I. Um." I stuttered and picked up the kid. She's my daughter, and I didn't know her name.

"Let's go inside." I murmured as the girl weeped in my shoulder. She curled her legs around my waist.

"Why'd he leave? He was supposed to be there for me! This is supposed to happen to us! Not like Nanna and Grandad!"

Presumably, she meant my Mum and Dad. Mum left, Dad was stuck with me. And we always fought.

It seemed like they never loved each other, that they never loved me.

The living room was wide, spacey. Photographs dotted around the room.

Me, this child, and him.

Eric.

"Oh, my God." I said breathless as the girl wailed more about Daddy not being here.

"I want Daddy! I want Daddy!" She cried.

I pulled her back and held her little face in my hands. Now that I knew who her dad was, she resembled so much of Eric.

"Daddy has not gone anywhere, he'll be back, I promise." I whispered. "Daddy will he back, I promise."

As I said the words, the little girl in front of me became flimsy. She rested her head against my chest and fell asleep.

That was when I woke up.

Eric stared at me as I frantically pulled the wires off of me.

"I need to go!" I stammered, unable to breathe. "I'm sorry!" I repeated and ran for the door.

Fingers held mine and pulled me back. "Wait. You don't have to run. I'm not going anywhere." He pulled me closer until he had his wrapped his arms around me.

He says that now, but he won't be when I tell him the news. He'll run. Just like in the simulation, leaving me to look after the girl. He'll run just like Mum leaving Dad and I. He'll run just like Mum.

"Please. I. Um." I stuttered badly. I was bad at making excuses up on the spot. Really bad.

"Calm it down. I'm not going to ask anything about the last one. Promise." What Eric being civilized? "I'll take you back to mine: dinner's finished and there won't be any scraps left."

I nodded and he snuck me to his apartment. Not that he didn't need to, we didn't bump into anyone.

Which is good because I don't want Peter to know I've done the simulation and still alive.

He locked the apartment door behind him, and I sat lazily in the nearby couch.

He asked if I wanted coffee, but I said hot chocolate was fine. When he was done, he placed the mug on the table and sat besides me.

"Eric... There's something I've got to tell you."

Good Morning/afternoon Little Outsiders!

You wouldn't believe how tired I am, I could honestly crash back into bed!

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, I'll see you in a few days!

Vote/fan/comment!

C.I.