Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight.

That night, we had a party. A Dauntless Party.

And its the best party I've ever been to.

We were all in the Pit, loud music was pulsing in my ears, and I was pressed against Tris and Christina as it was so crowded.

"This is fun!" Christina yelled against my ear, spilling some of her drink on my trousers. "Sorry!" She mouthed, before chucking half of her drink down her neck.

I'm going to smell like a right piss head later. I thought as the music changed and we all started jumping up and down to the beat.

Tris grabbed Christina's and my wrists, taking us towards a wall. She led us to a bar. I didn't know the Pit had a bar.

Shows how much I pay attention to my surroundings.

Tris brought herself and myself a drink: alcohol. I stared at it as if it was foreign, but laughed when Tris drunk all of hers.

"Come on! Drink it!" Christina yelled, slamming her glass on the bar. "Another drink, please!"

I waited until Christina got hers, and we chugged ours together.

Never having alcohol before, the drink burned my throat, then pooling in my stomach as it was ice cold.

"Yay!" Christina yelled, leaning in close and I could smell the alcohol on her breath. "Let's go dance!" She slurred and pulled me back, and I grabbed Tris and pulled her back to the dance floor with us.

Exactly how much has Christina had to drink? I thought as she began doing things that sober Christina wouldn't do. I only had one, just the one and I'm feeling the effects of alcohol taking over.

This is fun. Why didn't I sneak out and go to parties back at home? The thought slurred ever so slightly in my mind.

The song became quiet, and suddenly members and initiates began cheering chug chug chug!

Curious, I left Tris and Christina dancing like a maniac. Slipping by Dauntless, I found the centre of the crowd: a table. And sat at the table was Dauntless Leader, Four and another Dauntless member who I didn't know.

They had glasses of alcohol in front of them. Some were empty and I watch as Four drank drink after drink, nearly falling off the chair.

When the other member had enough, he shook his head and wandered off. Eric took the vacant seat, spotted me in the crowd and smiled.

The crowd around me went silent as Four got to his feet, almost collapsing instantly.

"Who are you doing to pick?" Someone asked.

Eric smirks at the member, and scanned the crowd until his eyes land on me. "You."

I looked around and sure enough, he meant me. Wonderful.

"Come on Candor!" Eric sang. "Scared you're going to lose?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. I smirked. "No way."

Dauntless let me through, and I sat down at the seat and watch as Dauntless place glasses of alcohol in front of me.

I had never had drank this much alcohol in my life! How am I supposed to win?

Easy, a thought snapped at me. Just drink.

"Just drink," I murmured to myself and my fingers curled around the cool glass at the same time as Eric picks up his.

"Ready?" He asks and I glance at the glass and nod.

The first few gulps stung, but it became numb when I ended my first glass.

The next glass, I drank it like I had never had water in a week.

The third glass, looked like water, but tasted the exact opposite.

Everyone cheered every time either Eric or myself slammed the glass on the table. And even more when we picked up another glass.

"Someone likes competition!" Eric said loudly, the cheering going higher. Any louder and I'm sure my Dad will find this place and hunt me down.

"I'm so going to kick your ass." I slurred, my vision blurry but I could make out Eric's face as he grins like the Cheshire cat.

"No way, I bet you've never had alcohol before this." Eric murmured in my ear which left tingles when he pulled away.

After the fifth drink, another glass was placed in front of me. I drunk half of it before finishing.

"No more." I coughed when someone gives me a glass of water. I gulped it down.

"Thanks." I slurred, looking at the person who gave me water. "Dude." I was so drunk I didn't know the lad's name.

I got up, almost tripping over my feet and I melted in the crowd and found Tris dancing. I danced with her as she was drunk (probably not as drunk) until hands wrapped my waist.

"Five and a half drinks, well done." A manly voice said in my ear.

"Six and a half, I had one before I sat down." I corrected and wrapped my arms around his neck, swaying my hips to the beat of the music.

"My, my. Someone's a toughy inside as well as out." He flashed a smile. The first real smile since I came here.

We were dancing until I felt dizzy.

He took my away from the party, and led me across the Chasm bridge, and down the forbidden corridor to initates corridor.

He unlocked his door, and I collapsed on his bed and giggled as he shut his door.

"Welcome to Dauntless, Cassie."

CAN YOU GUESS WHO HE IS?

A MENTION + FOLLOW IF YOU GET IT RIGHT!

Vote, comment and fan!

C.I.