Chapter Twenty Two.

Chapter Twenty Two.

Amity only had a limited spare bedrooms. I shared with Tris.

When it was sunny, the light brought out the pale walls against the dark double bed sheets. The drawers were pressed up against the corner with a pile of hats stacked on top.

Tris snored lightly besides me. I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, all I could see the countless needles they were going to stick in me, and more serum until I am unable to understand what's going on and I can't control my body fully.

I rolled over to my side, throwing the bedsheets onto Tris. I'm hot. Sticky with sweat.

When I finally on the edge of sleep, the door opens. I tense, who is it?

Is it Erudite and Dauntless finally found us after hours of escape?

Whoever it was, stepped in. Conscious that I was only wearing underwear and a tight shirt, I threw the covers back on me and sat up.

"Who is it?" I whispered in the dark.

"Me." Four replied. "Did I wake you?"

I shook my head. "No. I was already awake. What's wrong?"

"Can I talk to you outside?" He whispers back. Tris stirred and we both froze.

I slipped on trousers, and stepped out the room. "What's wrong?" I repeated.

"We need to think of a plan, in case we split up." Four said lowly, and with the flickering lights, I could see caution in his eyes.

"What did you have in mind?"

The door behind me opened. Tris was awake. "Four? Cassie? What are you doing?"

"We need a plan, in case we split up." Four repeated his words. "I didn't want to wake you. Cassie was already awake."

Tris stepped out, then stepped back in the bedroom, pulling us with her. I clicked on the lights and cringed.

"What plan?" Tris asked.

"We haven't got anything yet." Four said. "But since that we are leaving shortly, we need a plan."

I sat on my bed, rubbing my eyes. It hurt with the light being bright. "We shouldn't have a plan. If one of us were caught, Jeanine will probably use her serum to get it out where the others are."

"Truth serum." Tris muttered under her breath. "Christina said Candor use it."

I shrugged. "Okay, we could say that if we split up, we shall meet back at a certain place after so long. Any time."

Both Tris and I looked back at Four. He shrugged whilst nodding at the idea. "Alright, we could meet at the building where we had our Choosing Ceremony."

I smiled brightly. "Then it's settled."

***

In the morning, where I had to force myself to eat breakfast, and then start my chores for the day, I felt exhausted.

Honestly, I feel like I could sleep through an earthquake.

I walked into the barn, where the horses were kept, Marcus was there. He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his chest, eyes glued to the floor.

"Marcus." I greeted. He snapped his eyes to me, and stood up properly. "Were you looking for someone?"

"Yes, I was looking for you." Marcus narrowed his eyes ever so slightly at my presence.