Chapter Thirty Six.

Chapter Thirty Six.

My head connected to the floor. Dust filled my lungs, and I coughed violently.

My ears were ringing, whether I had gone deaf for the time being or whether it was alarms: I didn't know.

I coughed again, my body throbbed in pain as I brought my legs to my chest and then stretched my body. Broken pieces of the wall jabbed into my ribs.

My vision was blurry. I blinked rapidly and hard until I could see a little bit better. My lungs burned.

I felt around me, moving large pieces of rubble until I see a blob of dark hair. Oh no.

"Uriah?" I croaked, crawling over and wincing when rubble scratches at my skin. I throw the rubble over my shoulder, until I am able to pull him out.

Blood caked both sides of his face, dust had stuck on his cheeks and nose. His eyes were shut.

"Uriah!" I groaned when more rubble collapsed on my legs. I kicked them off and pulled Uriah out more until we were in a clear spot.

I take notice how much racket and chaos everyone's in. People of all ages scream, running in random directions and bashing into each other. Like they couldn't get out quick enough.

My vision goes to where Tris was last seen. She wasn't where I remembered. Neither could I find Matthew.

Uriah's happy smile flashes in my mind, and that's all I could focus on.

Blood oozed from several places, I didn't know what to do. I've never took First Aid. I only watched hospital programs when my mum was around. Since she left, I stopped.

Uriah's clothes were torn. I ripped off my shirt, leaving me in my bra and trousers. I ripped my shirt into two pieces: the back and front.

I pressed one piece on the huge gash on his forehead, and the other on his chest.

My vision began to cloud again: I shook my head, which only made my head pound in pain. I tried to stay still as much as I could when I squeezed my eyes shut then someone was yelling besides me.

"Miss! You need to get out of the building immediately!" The man yells at me. He was covered in dust and blood freckled his face.

I shook my head. "My friend! He-he-he!" I struggled to finish, but the man in front of me pushed hard of my bare chest, and I landed on my ass which screamed in pain when I sat on sharp rubble.

"Just leave the building, Miss!" The man yelled again, his beady eyes on me. The man then fumbled with my ripped shirt, before beginning to lift Uriah in his arms. "Now!"

I stared at how lifeless Uriah looked in the stranger's arms. Lifeless? Is he dead?

I choked back a sob, nodding frantically and scrambled to my feet. The stranger jumped to his feet, before rushing towards one of the exits, not even looking to see if I follow.

It felt strange to be half naked standing in a public building where everyone was running around like headless chickens.

I bit my lip, glancing at my feet wondering if they would betray me and collapse underneath me if I make a step.

I stepped forward, almost wobbling over. I spot a gun nearby and picked it up. Loaded.

Shouts came from a nearby corridor. I tried to listen, but if it was someone that shouldn't be here, I should at least try to stop them.

It's good to know that I still have Dauntless in me.

Goosebumps rose on my skin, when something trickled on my boob. I looked down. Blood.