Chapter Forty Two.

Chapter Forty Two.

"Uriah wants his family." Christina says as soon as I walk in our dormitory. She was sat on Tris's bed, back pressed against the header and Tris was scrawled out on Four's bed.

Peter was no where to be seen.

"He wants his brother." Christina continues. "Zeke. He's still in the city."

I bit my lip as I take a seat besides Tris's feet. Going back to the place where everyone was killing each other, where it was so difficult to escape from?

We all nearly got killed in escaping and now we have to go back?

Call me heartless, or selfish but what happens if Zeke is dead? Then it would all be for nothing.

"I was just saying, Cassie," Tris said, propping herself up on her elbows. "In the meeting, the Government wants to 'reset' the whole city. That way they can restore the peace."

God, that sounds like Jeanine.

"What's the point of that? This war might happen again." I reply. "We are going to have another Jeanine Matthews and then we are going to have a repeat of history." When this is over, of course.

"There will never be no 'no Divergent.' Ever. We are everywhere. But I think that the Government wants us based back in the city, and you back to where you came from."

Blood thundered in my ears. "What?"

"They want you back to where ever you came from. After resetting your memory." Tris adds. "Believe me, I've fought with them and they all agree."

"Do they know that I'm pregnant with Eric?" I asked. "Would they keep me in the city then?"

As fucking if.

"They should know of the baby. Not sure what's going to happen now." Tris mumbles. "I hope we can all stay together."

Silence loomed over us, until Christina spoke: "Are we going to get Zeke?"

I bit my lip again. Would we get Zeke? I glanced over at Tris. I shrugged at her.

"If the Government wants to wipe everyone's memories, I don't think it should be a problem pulling him out." Tris said. "I'll have to see about it."

She got up, and left.

***

Two hours later, I was still in the dormitory, curled up on my side and rubbing my stomach where a thick band of pain lay.

Would I really have to go back? To the man who was a loving father, only to be a selfish one?

Would the Government let me stay, if they knew that I was pregnant with Eric's kid?

The pain in my stomach brought me out of my thoughts. I grumbled whilst rubbing my stomach.

Getting out of my bed, I head over to the canteen. Picking up a sandwich and sponge cake, I head back to my dorm.

I stepped in, and my eyebrows rose so high, they were practically alined with my hair line.

Eric was here.

"When did you get out?" I asked, picking at a corner of the sandwich box with my index finger.

That was quick in letting him go.