Chapter Twenty.

Chapter Twenty.

Eric's POV.

My leg hurts like a mother fucker.

"She got you good?" Max asked as he walked into the infirmary. Gun strapped to his chest.

"What? The Stiff? Next time I see her she's dead. As well as the other Stiff." I growl in reply.

"Jeanine is having a meeting, and she needs you there." Max says, watching silently as I sit up and swing my legs over the bed. "What about the Outsider? Would you kill her?"

Cassie. The one who's and Outsider. The one who is another Divergent. The one who I helped when she was chucked over the bridge with the other Divergent. Beatrice fucking Prior.

The one who I had a one night stand with. The one who declared to not to breathe a word unless I said something. I didn't. She didn't. She was the one who saved my job.

Initiates and Dauntless Leaders were not to have a relationship while the initiate is in training. If anyone caught word I had sex with her, I'd lose my job and become factionless.

Something I do not want to go anywhere into the future.

"Yes." No. "But she may be wanted for Jeanine's examination. She has the answers to our questions."

"What about if she wasn't wanted for an examination. Would you kill her?"

"Yes. She's just another Divergent." Lie.

Max smirked. "We can always count on you." Max looked over at the door. "The meeting will be starting soon. It's important."

***

"We have a problem." Jeanine begins once I settled leaning against the wall, arms crossed over my chest. "A very big problem; in order to solve it, we all need to work together.

We have three Divergents." Jeanine tapped on a computer screen and two photos appeared.

Four and Tris.

"This is Tobias Eaton and Beatrice Prior. They also have a friend, Cassie. As well as a Divergent, she's an Outsider." Murmurs shook the crowd. "Yes, I know. Who knew that there were life beyond the fence? We don't know Cassie's real name, birthday, parents or where she came from. But what we do know, we know that she is dangerous."

A hand rose. "How do we know what this Cassie looks like if we don't have a I.D photo?"

Jeanine smiled. "Excellent question." Jeanine tapped on her computer, bringing up a camera shot.

Cassie was in a chair, strapped at the wrists. Her shirt had ridden up, wires were attached everywhere.

Anyone who didn't know what Cassie looked like, they surely do now. The image is clear enough.

"What we also know about Cassie, is what we found out during her examination." Jeanine brought up another file. I didn't know what it was.

"Watch this." She pressed play and this happened to be Cassie's heart beat. Fast and hard. Occasionally having a small bump.

"You see, this might be her heart beat. Our technology hasn't only picked up her heart beat, it's picked up her child's."

Child?

"Yes, she is pregnant. But while in her examination, she said that she does not want to reveal who the father was, unless he would like to step forward. We have no idea who it was, all we know that it the child's father is Dauntless."