Chapter 34

Third Person's POV

"Mrs. Sinclaire, are you with us?" asked Mr. Jones, a board member. Athena jumped out of her seat.

"Oh, absolutely, I'm still with you. Keep going," utos niya.

Hindi mapigilang alalahanin ni Athena ang nangyari noong nasa Palawan sila. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala na bumalik na ang babaeng nang-iwan sa kaniya ilang taon na ang nakararaan.

Pakiramdam niya ay nagbukas ulit ang sugat na dapat matagal nang naghilom.

Hindi niya alam ang mararamdaman dahil naghahalo-halo ang emosyon niya. Idagdag mo pa ang tinanong nito noong magkita sila na talaga namang lalong nagpagulo sa nararamdaman ni Athena.

Flashback

Athena could not help but smile as she remembered Zehra's reaction to kissing her under the sea earlier. She was adorable and as red as a tomato.

She continued swimming in the sea until she became exhausted and decided to return to Zehra, only to discover that her wife had disappeared.Wala siya sa pwesto niya kanina noong huli niya itong makita.

Where did she go?

Inilibot ni Athena ang tingin sa paligid ng isla, hinahanap ng mga mata si Zehra ngunit, walang anumang bakas nito ro'n kaya't napagdesisyunan niyang hanapin ang asawa sa loob ng hotel room nila dahil baka nagpapahinga lang ito ro'n.

As soon as the elevator stops on their floor, she immediately went out and went inside of their room. She called for her but no one answered. Ang akala niya'y nagpapahinga lang si Zehra sa kwarto kaya hindi ito sumasagot, kaya naman naglakaf siya papunta ro'n.

Athena is becoming concerned. The sun is about to set, yet she is nowhere to be found. What happened to her?

Athena put on a cover-up and walked downstairs to look for her. She asked the staff if they had seen her, but they said they hadn't.

Hinanap niya si Zehra sa common bathroom, sa malapit na café dahil baka nagkakape na naman siya, sa malapit na restaurant dahil baka kumakain ulit siya, pero wala talaga siyang nakitang bakas ni Zehra. Napatingin si Athena sa isang shop na hindi niya pa napapasok.

She went inside the souvenir shop and asked the staff if they happened to see Zehra. They told her that she went there earlier, pero kaninang umaga pa raw 'yon. She sighed in disbelief.

Where am I going to find her?

Palabas na sana si Athena sa shop nang may tumawag na pamilyar na boses sa pangalan niya. She stopped on her track, looking so shocked as she heard that voice again.

Please tell me they only have the same voice. Please.

"Hey, Athena?" repeated the familiar voice.

Athena turned away from her. Her heart was pounding so hard that her palms began to sweat. As she confirmed that it was her voice, she felt emotions.

She... Is she back? Why?

She tried to relax by closing her eyes tightly. Her heart is pounding in her ribcage. The wound she believed was healed reopened.

"Athena..." she whispered.

She didn't answer. She looked down and stared at her feet buried beneath the white sand.

"Athena, face me. Please," she pleaded.

Athena sighed heavily and slowly turned her head to her. She stilled when she finally faced her. She changed so much, she thought. She became a little taller. Her dark hair is now colored brown which fits her perfectly. She also became more beautiful. It feels like she's not the same woman as before.