𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐈

The Addams' limousine passes another car as it roars onward, into Nevermore Academy.  

"Just over here is fine." says the man in the car. "Thanks."

"You sure you want to get out here?" questions the driver as the man, an adventurer, gets out.

He closes the car door.

"The trail might look pretty, but it runs right past Nevermore." says the driver to the man.

As he gets his hiking bag from the trunk, he questions, "That school for outcasts?"

The driver scoffs. "Huh. That's a polite way of putting it." he says.

"I never had a problem with outcasts." says the man confidently. He leans slightly into the open window "My counsellor at summer camp was a werewolf. Great guy." he says while nodding.

The driver looked unimpressed. "Yeah, they're just like you and me, until they rip your throat out." he widened his eyes.

The man chuckles wryly and taps the open ledge of the car window, waving the car goodbye. "Thanks."

The driver looks on with terrified, widened eyes.

As the man steps into a haunted-looking forest, a bird caws in the distance.

He finds a fallen log and sets his bag down as he too, sits down, reading a map.

He relaxedly gets a bottle of tea from his bag, pours himself a cup and drinks it.

Some footsteps echo in the distance as branches snap.

The man looks on apprehensively into the gloominess.

He didn't notice the ragged breathing coming from behind a tree.

The creature snarls as the man gives a last panicked scream.

☟☟☟

The metal gate hinges of Nevermore Academy creak open, welcoming the black limousine. The antique, elegant black gate read:

NEVERMORE ACADEMY

It was designed intricately with swirling metal, and the top of the arch was decorated with five soaring ravens of various different sizes.

Inside, Saturday's father smiles, then sighs, looking outside. "At least it's turning into a beautiful day." he muses, the heavy rain pattering against the window.

As thunder crackles over a gargoyle statue, the sound of bells could be heard in the distance. 

Saturday's father smiles a handsome smile, as his mother leans into him lovingly, his maid still bowing her petite head.

The limousine moves slowly into the second pair of open gates of the castle-like school. Two ferocious stone gargoyles were crouched on the two stone pillars of the thinly designed black metal gates.

 Two ferocious stone gargoyles were crouched on the two stone pillars of the thinly designed black metal gates

The family quickly stalk to a door that read 'Principal Weems.'

"Saturday is certainly a unique name." says the tall, white-blonde, smiling man, with crystal clear blue eyes, and perfect white pearly teeth, in the same sort of honeyed voice as Saturday's father. He was in his late 40s and wearing a long, clean grey coat, a perfectly ironed white shirt and a long grey tie, with a gold suit pin in the shape of a large golden crown.

He looks at the four of them, three- Saturday's mother, Saturday in the middle and Saturday's father, sitting in front of her and one little maid shadowing them towards the back of the room with her head bowed.

"You can sit down if you like dear, I'll get to you in a moment." says the extravagantly handsome Principle, gesturing to the slim young girl with the thick, sleek black hair in two braids and the golden eyes.

The girl only nodded and shyly bowed her head again.

The blonde man flashed a pearly teethed smile at her.

He looked back at Saturday.

"I'm guessing it was the day you were born?" he asks, widening his crystal blue eyes.

"I was born on Friday the 13th." returned Saturday flatly, sitting with his back impossibly straight, inevitable to the fact that he was annoyed sitting between his parents.

His mother nods in amusement.

"His name comes from a line from my favourite poem," says his father in his deep honeyed voice, smirking.

He stopped that arrogant smirk immediately.

"Saturday's child is full of sorrow."

"You always had a unique perspective on the world, Mortician." marvels Principle Weems as the glorious fireplace crackled alive with red flames and the candles on the two chandeliers on the top of them all burned brightly.

"Hmm." says Saturday's father as he smirks arrogantly at Principle Weems.

"Did your father tell you we were roommates back in the day?" questions Principle Weems, smiling.

Mortician stopped smirking, then smirked once more, apprehensively.

"And you graduated with your sanity intact?" questions Saturday, coldly. "Impressive." he says, emotionlessly.

His father gave him a withering look.

Principal Weems returned his eyes to the paperwork as if unfazed by Saturday's little comment.

"You've certainly had a very interesting educational journey. Eight schools in five years." he looked up, smiling.

Saturday's mother nods her puggy head impressively.

"They haven't built one strong enough to hold me." says Saturday, emotionlessly. "I bet this place won't be any different."

"I believe what our son is trying to say is that he greatly appreciates the opportunity." says his mother, smiling with her yellow teeth and looking at his father. His father smiled at Principle Weems, who looked away, down onto his paperwork.

"Nevermore doesn't usually accept students mid-term, but given Saturday's perfect grades and your family's long history with the school," his voice rises slightly. "I've spoken with the board and we've made an exception."

His father smiles a relieved smile, showing his perfect pearly teeth at his mother. They reach out their hands towards each other behind Saturday's back as he looks on coldly.

"Lukas, what about Saturday's um...therapy sessions?" questions Mortician in his deep honeyed voice. "The court ordered them."

"Hmm. The school has a relationship with a therapist in Jericho." says Principal Weems, making a hand gesture. Saturday's mother smiles, lighting up her puggy face. 

"He can meet twice a week." he finishes.

"Did you hear that, my little storm cloud? You're in excellent hands." muses Saturday's mother.

"We'll see if he survives the first session." returns Saturday coldly, looking straight ahead.

Principal Weems looks down then looks back up. "I've assigned you to your father's old dorm. Ophelius Hall."

His father gasps and then chuckles in amusement.

"Refresh my memory." says Saturday, turning to his father. "Ophelius' the one who kills his family and then commits suicide after being driven mad, correct?"

His mother makes a confused expression.

His father nods at him while smiling with relish, turning his delicious lips upwards.

Saturday slowly turns back to Principal Weems, whose smile falters a little while looking back at the lean young boy.

"Should we go meet your new roommate?" he smiles with teeth.

☟☟☟