𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐕

Saturday rounds the corner of a white framed house with a deep red maroon garage door and comes face to face with Taylor.

"Don't want to ask what trouble you're in now." the girl says, scrunching her thin brown eyebrows. She was wearing an off-white shirt with a yellow okar, black, grey and white checkered shirt on top, a thin navy zip-up hoodie and a thin brown jacket on top of everything.

"Nothing I can't handle." the tall, pale and lean boy replies cooly.

She looks around. "Your girlfriend's not with you?" it was an innocent question but it irked Saturday to no end.

"For the last time, Kochō is not my girlfriend. And if you continue to address her as so, I'll make sure that you can't stand up the next morning." he snarks back menacingly, it was more vindictive than she had prepared for, and she shuts up.

Taylor grins.

"Your mother's in particularly frustrating form today. Avoid." the pale, slightly dead looking boy advised sharply.

They stood facing a fair distance between each other.

"Yeah, welcome to my world." Taylor sighed defeatedly.

Saturday's obsidian eyes dart to look behind her, then back into her pale green eyes.

"You guys had the Rave'N this weekend right? It was all the buzz at the Weathervane today. Are you going with Kochō?" she asks curiously, her voice was choppy and uneven.

Saturday gave her a scorching, icy look, and the shorter girl knew better than to respond.

The pale, brooding boy sighed. "I must be the only one not obsessed with this stupid dance." he remarks coldly, his eyes lowering a bit, glancing away from Taylor's green ones.

Taylor gave a quarter of a smile before asking, "So, you're not going?" and scrunching up her eyebrows.

Saturday glares straight into her eyes, before glancing slightly away, down at her shirt. "Actually, I was forced to ask someone as an act of self-preservation." he returns with disdain. The mere memory of it made his blood churn with repulsion.

Taylor gives him a very confused look. Self-preservation? For a dance? She thought with bewilderment.

"Sure, that happens, I guess." she mutters. "So if it's not Kochō, then who is it?" her question hangs in the air, waiting to be answered.

There was a pause.

"Xaviera." the young, pale boy replies emotionlessly.

Taylor still had that weird grimace on her face.

"Got it." she looks down, away from his piercing gaze.

"Hope you two have fun." she says defeatedly, walking past him.

"I'm not sure why you're becoming upset." the boy turns to her back and remarks coldly.

"Yeah that's kind of the problem." the green-eyed girl smiled bitterly at his perfectly sculpted face. 

Saturday's perfect, black eyebrows were furrowed ever so slightly. He never understood these feelings of emotion- not someone else's and, though it pains him to admit, never once his own.

"I mean, call me crazy, Saturday, but you keep giving me these signals." the girl had furrowed her eyebrows, creating a deep line between her eyes.

"It's not my fault I can't interpret your emotional Morse code." the pale, tall, lean, black haired, obsidian eyed boy retorts coldly.

Taylor looks away. "Then let me spell it out." her voice was choppy and uneven. "Kochō aside, I thought we liked each other," Saturday glared coldly back, brows slightly furrowed. "but then you pull something like this, and I have no idea where I stand." Saturday looks slightly down, away from her confused green eyes. "I mean am I in the "more-than-friend zone" or just a pawn in some game you're playing?" she asks desperately.