𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

The Sheriff pours himself a cup of black coffee on the counter on the far end of his office. It seemed like he had just finished a meeting. He popped a cigarette in his mouth.

"We need to talk." a cold, deep voice interrupted him.

The thin, grey haired man turned around, his hand still on the cigarette in his mouth.

"How the hell did you get in?" he asked softly in disbelief. Briskly taking out the cigarette in his mouth, he stalked away from the boy.

"Bernard? Bernard!" he shouted frantically as he peeked out of the thin, half open, horizontal blinds, to no response.

"Bernard may or may not have received a call that his Tibetan Mastiff is being held for ransom." the boy replied coolly as he slowly stalked in front of the man's table, like an apex predator cornering his prey. He turned smoothly exactly 90 degrees, to stand directly in front of the wooden desk, and as the man turned around, the pair stood face to face.

"My Mother did not kill Garrett Gates." Saturday said seriously and sincerely to the man in front of him. Stark shadows created by the blinds casted on half of his face.

The tall, pale, neat, floppy haired, shining obsidian eyed boy had on his choice of casual attire, which was another immaculate but looser black suit, a loose black and white checkered woollen vest on top of his immaculately smooth long sleeved white shirt, sporting a black tie with unique diagonal white stripes, loose but elegant black trousers and a pair of black lace up boots to perfectly portray an eccentrically artistic image.

The man nodded grimly as he pursed his thin lips, a shadow obscuring half of his face, and lining the other half with thick, horizontal stripes, somehow accentuating his receding hairline with its dimness

The man nodded grimly as he pursed his thin lips, a shadow obscuring half of his face, and lining the other half with thick, horizontal stripes, somehow accentuating his receding hairline with its dimness. "Well, I have her signed confession, and she identified the saber she used to do it. Both of which I'm about to deliver to the District Attorney." he replied self-satisfiedly.

"Don't you find the timing a tad bit convenient?" The boy fired back as he took a step forward, looking downwards at the man due to their height differences.

Donovan Galpin rolled his eyes as he looked sideways as if to say: "Here we go again."

"The coroner kills himself out of remorse for a decades-old murder case the very weekend my Mother," he raises his immaculate, black eyebrows, "your prime suspect, deigns to return to town."

The man shook his head slightly in disbelief. "All I see is a guilty woman who's finally going to pay for her crime." Donovan replied back coolly with deeply furrowed thin grey brows, which created a long, deep line between his eyes, his left hand still holding the handle of his edge mug, jiggling it ever so slightly as he spoke.

"And cuffing her myself," he smiled smugly, raising his mug as if proposing a toast, "ohhh, that was the icing on the cake." Donovan raised the mug to his mouth, and took a sip nonchalantly.

Saturday leaned down ever so slightly as he continued, his deep voice soft but warningly cold. "Sheriff, how are you failing to see that someone is desperately trying to derail my investigation?"

The man downed his drink, trying desperately to keep his annoyance in check.

"I found the monster's cave, and I gave you the DNA evidence." Saturday's luscious, deep voice took an emotionlessly icy tone. "Did you even bother to test it?"

"This may come as a shock, but the world doesn't revolve around you Addams." Donovan had lost all his patience as his voice rose significantly at the unrelenting boy in front of him.

He sat down curtly on his back leather office chair. "Here. DNA results." He slammed the pale cream folder on top of his desk, that deep line returning between his brows. "No match. Inconclusive."

"So you truly believe this is all some coincidence?" The boy's slightly rising voice was emotionless, but his obsidian eyes sparkled with rage as he glared down at the stubborn man.

His voice returned into a softer tone. "Whoever hurt Eugene also murdered the coroner."

The man rose from his seat upon those words, and leaned closer to the boy. He was a black silhouette against the blinding afternoon glare of the sun shining with full force from his long rectangular side window.

"Unfortunately, someone sabotaged the security camera in the morgue, so we don't know what happened." his voice was soft, but it was not at all kind. Saturday's head rose slowly, straightening. "They stuck bubblegum on the lens. Black bubblegum." He emphasised on the word "black" as his lips formed an exaggerated movement on its pronunciation.

His lips curled slightly upwards. "Maybe I should run DNA on that?"

"Someone is trying to throw me off my game. This is all a distraction." Saturday's voice rose with quite a force on the last sentence.

"No, this is about justice being served." Donovan's voice also rose defensively. Saturday's eyes glinted.

He looked to the side as he spoke, "Garrett Gates's family deserves closure," before returning his scorching gaze back up to the boy. "even if none of them are around to take comfort in it." his voice softened. The boy sharply noticed the hidden melancholy beneath the man's tone.

Saturday's head turned ever so slightly from the side as he inquired, "What happened to them?"

"His Father drank himself to an early grave. His Mother hung herself in the backyard. And even his little brother didn't escape." the Sheriff replied, saying everything quite quickly as if the words and memories burned him.

Saturday narrowed his piercing obsidian eyes.

"He was orphaned, sent overseas, ended up drowning." the Sheriff nodded as he replied, a bitter look in his eyes. His eyes narrowed. "Every last one of them's gone."

"Your Mother doesn't just have Garrett's blood on her hands, she's got the whole damn family's." Bitterness was replaced with rage as the thin, grey haired man retreated back into his seat. Sitting down with a 'plunk' as he leaned back, there was a thunderous expression on his face, as Saturday glared down at him.

☟☟☟