𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐕𝐈

Saturday grabs the long metal handle of Xaviera's studio and flings it open. The metal lock on the long chain hangs unused on the other metal handle.

The boy stalks inside, with his maid behind him, as he opens his black slate, and pulls out a big, plastic ziplock bag.

Thing scuttles in after them.

"All right, I won't be long." the tall, pale boy says to his severed hand.

He shakes the creased bag straight. "I just need to find something to match against the claw's DNA." He shakes the bag again to get rid of all the small wrinkles.

Thing scuttles out onto the grass filled with dry leaves to keep a lookout.

Saturday pulls the door shut after himself and Misaki.

"Start looking." he orders curtly, to an obedient nod from his maid.

The boy pulls on the light switch, illuminating the room in bright yellow.

He slowly takes a few steps, looking around sharply. His maid mirrors his actions.

Saturday picks up a long thin paintbrush and crouches down, using the brush to push materials around in the open topped trash can.

His maid kneels down beside him as he dangles a dirty piece of cloth in front of him.

The Master and maid stand up next to the large painting in the centre of the art room depicting a large fantastical sketch of the monster in charcoal with blood red eyes and bed leaking off its fangs, as Saturday dangles the orange paint stained piece of cloth in front of his face, examining it closely.

He promptly stuffs the material back into his plastic bag, and glances sideways.

The pale, brooding boy was in the process of stuffing the plastic bag into his slate when the smaller, narrower door suddenly opened.

His head immediately snaps to attention from the soft sound but the intruder startled his maid, who jumps a little.

He turns to the person who just entered, slinging his slate over his shoulder, trying his best to act normal.

Xaviera closes the door to her studio softly, and slowly walks up to the Master and maid pair.

"What the hell are you two doing?" she asks with suspicion, furrowing her thin brows, as her eyes dart around the room, the warm glow reflecting off her pointed face.

"How do you know what the monster looks like?" questions Saturday sharply towards the shorter girl, his eyes darting from sidewards to look down at the girl. His deep obsidian eyes pierced into light olive ones. Her eyes dart to the large canvas, then back into his.

"Or are these all just self-portraits?" he asks cooly.

She scoffs with disbelief. "What, you think it's me? I saved your life." her voice sounded hurt, the bloody claw marks still showing partially on her thin, pale neck.

"So did the monster." The boy tilts his head slightly. "Or was that you the night Rowan was killed?" he fired back relentlessly. Misaki looked from her young Master to Xaviera, her golden eyes flickering nervously. She was stuck in the middle.

"You are so out of line right now." her voice rose dangerously, as a thin, blazered arm moved up forming a right angle at her side, but Saturday wasn't even slightly fazed. The same couldn't be said for little Misaki, as she flinched from the girl's angry tone. Her Master stepped protectively in front of her as he sensed her nervousness.

"Stop making such a scene. You're scaring Misaki." the boy says icily to the olive eyed artist.

This set Xaviera off. "Oh so it's about Misaki now is it?" she nearly screamed, her cry was ear piercing.