𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐗

Saturday pulls his widened eyes and head back into a vertical position.

Taylor kneels on the other side of him.

"You okay?" she asks as Misaki puts her small hand on his broad back, soothing him.

Back at Nevermore, students are clattering.

In the library, Misaki stands silently behind Saturday, with her small hands clasped in front of her, listening.

"I keep seeing that same purple book." recalls Saturday, looking through books on the shelf. Thing climbs over the books and probs out a violet covered book.

"The cover was darker. More like a day-old contusion. Keep looking." replies Saturday. Thing gives the thumb up and climbs onto a higher shelf. Saturday glances at the paper in his hands.

"I don't usually find students in here looking for actual books." a deep voice chuckles. Thing quickly slides behind the lines of books. "Most sneak in to make out." Mr. Thornhill glides elegantly down the big black staircase. He was wearing a black overcoat with a green vine, red white and green plants decorating the sleeves, pocket linings and long collar. Inside, he wore an ironed white shirt and moss green tie. He had on black trousers and his signature red boots.

Misaki blushes slightly.

"I accidentally walked in on two vampires fanging." replies the black haired, pale boy, nonchalantly. "I can't unsee that."

"Is there something I can help you find?" asks the tall, auburn haired, spectacled man, clasping his hands in front of him, smiling.

"Have you seen this before?" he demands, holding out the paper with a black and white symbol on it. The symbol of a flower with a skull centre. "It's a watermark from a book I'm looking for."

Mr. Thornhill frowns.

"I think it's the symbol to an old student society. Um...The Nightshades." he smiles uneasily.

"Like the deadly flower." Saturday says coldly. "Colour me intrigued."

"I was told they disbanded years ago."

"Any idea why?" asked the boy.

"Sorry." Mr. Thornhill smiles as he replies regrettably.

Saturday stalks over to his black slate and gently puts the paper inside.

"I was very impressed with your answers in class today." praises Mr. Thornhill to Saturday.

"My Father is a carnivorous plant aficionado. I assume I get my red thumb from him." he explains matter-of-factly.

The boy glances at his slate as the tall, auburn haired man smile.

"Are you and your Father close?" the teacher asks gently.

Saturday throws Mr. Thornhill a quick glance, then his pupils move back down to his slate.

"Like two inmates sentenced to life on the same cell block." the young boy mutters.

Mr. Thornhill circles the boy. "I know it can't be easy...showing up mid-semester." he comforts gently, though Misaki saw that it had the opposite effect of soothing for her young Master.

The auburn haired man sits down in a black chair and puts his hand and lower arm on the mahogany table. "I've been here a year and a half, and I still feel like an outsider." he confessed lowly.

"Is that because you're the only normie on the staff?" questions the tall, pale boy coldly, deep obsidian eyes piercing through chocolate brown ones. "Ethan told me." he adds.