𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Inside the ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀᴠᴀɴᴇ ᴄᴀғᴇ & ʙᴀᴋᴇʀʏ, Xaviera was busy serving customers, wearing the brown shirt and red apron uniform with her shoulder-length light brown hair down, holding a black cafe plate and hustling around.

She gives a tired sigh, then proceeds to pick up an empty white cup and saucer.

The pale, skinny girl suddenly notices a dark presence near a wall with a filled bulletin board on it, to the left was a wooden frame holding decorative cut up logs.

The tall boy in black was staring intently at the bulletin board, with its colourful notes and pictures.

"I thought you were supposed to be at Pilgrim World." she says casually while picking up a tall, white mug.

The boy turns around. "I deserted it while my sanity was still intact." he says nonchalantly as Xaviera puts all the tableware down on the tall counter and leans over, arms supporting her thin, pale body.

"Oh yeah?" she asks playfully, smiling a little, motioning with a hand. "You want a coffee? It's...one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment." she adds hopefully, rolling her olive eyes.

The boy had his arms crossed firmly across his broad chest.

"I'm actually here for Taylor." he says emotionlessly.

Xaviera scoffs softly and one could see the sulk on her pale, pointed face.

"I told you she was bad news." she mutters defeatedly.

Saturday couldn't help but feel a scathing anger towards what he secretly overheard the girl say about his maid, though he was feeling increasingly more annoyed on the reason why he felt this way towards someone who had always been forced into his life and who he had always considered a nuisance. 

It was a mystery. Saturday forced this statement into his rigid mind to avoid future concerns on the matter.

"Twice." the boy replies quickly, coldly. "But who I speak to is my business." he had an authoritative tone that warned Xaviera against rebuttal.

He smoothly turned his head, causing his floppy but neat hair to flutter slightly, and rings the small gold bell on the counter.

Xaviera's eyes shift to the pretty girl that came from the back room, who was wearing the same standard Weathervane uniform: brown short sleeved shirt, red apron and tight black skirt.

Taylor looks at Xaviera for a second then abruptly turns her attention to Saturday.

"You rang?" 

Saturday looks from Taylor to Xaviera, and the thin, olive-eyed girl took this as a sign that she should leave them alone, only giving a helpless sigh as she walks away.

Saturday turns his head back to the shorter, brown haired and green eyed girl in front of him.

She smiles and closes her eyes, shaking her head slightly as she asks, "Want the usual?"

"And some help." Saturday returns curtly.

He stalks to the nearest table, about a metre away, and unfolds a large, coloured map.

"You know the original pilgrim meeting house, the one from the 1600s?" the boy puts the large map flat on the wooden table. Taylor furrows her eyebrows in thought, while starring at the large map. "Do you know if it's still around?" he asks coldly and emotionlessly, all business, his obsidian eyes drill through the girl.

What's left is out in Cobham Woods, but it's pretty much a ruin." she says, looking up at Saturday and frowning.

The boy gives a quick flick of his large, pale hand. "Show me." he orders, looking down at the large map on the table.