𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐕

"There is no deal. She was doing me a favour driving me and Kochō out of town." says the tall, pale, black haired boy nonchalantly.

"Oh right, you got your loyal maid don't you?" says Xaviera in a defeated tone, not looking at Saturday or Misaki, eyes on her targets. "Yeah, word or advice. Steer clear." she warned, looking at the pale boy behind her as she hands him her bow.

"Why? Because she's a normie?" the tall boy asked the shorter girl in front of him.

"Cause Taylor and her friends are a buncha jerks." returned Xaviera, not smiling.

Saturday turned around,  bow in hand, to the various hay blocks, some stacked, the one he turned to was a single block. He plops the black clipboard down onto the hay and turns around.

"They can't stand that this school's the only thing propping up their Podunk town." Xaviera continued.

"Says the girl whose life was served to her on a silver platter." says Saturday coldly.

"Hey, you know, guys in glass houses, with maids..." the emphasis on the word 'maids' made Misaki blush a slight shade of pink.

"Should throw bigger stones." finishes her young Master emotionlessly and curtly.

He grabs the red apple on a hay block behind him with an elegant air.

"At least I'm not an elitist snob." he says coldly to the brown haired, olive eyed girl.

He throws the red apple into the air and draws his bow string taut.

The arrow flies straight into the middle of the red apple and straight into the red centre: the target.

Misaki claps politely for her Master.

"Ouch." Xaviera says, defeatedly, looking down onto the ground.

Saturday lowers the bow, looking as cold and hard as ever.

Behind his tall panelled window, Principal Weems watches on with his black binoculars.

The white-blonde man lowers his gadget and looks on, concernedly.

In the distance, the buzzing of bees could be heard ever so slightly.

Saturday and Misaki walk to the little clearing in the middle of groups of small trees and bushes. A little grey shed with a large bee drawing on its grey wooden panels could be seen in the centre, surrounded by hives.

"Are you interested in the ancient art of beekeeping?" asked a timid voice.

Saturday furrowed his eyebrows and turned to the sound.

The little beekeeper chuckles. He had curly black hair, tan skin, black rimmed glasses, straight wire braces and was wearing the classic white beekeeper uniform with a black netting around the face region, covering his Nevermore uniform and tie.  

"Eugene. Eugene Ottinger." he introduces himself, holding out a white gloved hand towards the taller, pale boy. "Founder and president of the Nevermore Hummers." he says proudly.

Saturday notes that his voice was not quite developed, much like a younger boy he knows more intimately at home.

"Saturday. Saturday Addams." he reaches out his large pale hand and shakes the smaller, tanned one.

"And this lovely lady is...?" asked Eugene even more timidly, blushing slightly as he looks at Misaki. He was taller than her but only just.

"I belong to Master Saturday." she says softly and melodically, looking at the little beekeeper with her soft golden eyes.

"Oh..." Eugene trails off, not knowing any words to describe the little beauty in front of him.

"She's my maid. The family maid to be exact." says Saturday cuttingly. "Her name is Misaki Kochō."

"Oh...uh...nice to meet you Misaki!" says Eugene enthusiastically the blush spreading on his cheeks, reaching out his hand for hers.

"The pleasure is mine Mr. Ottinger." she says softly, shaking his hand.

Saturday looks around the clearing.

"Are we late or is it only you?" he asks.

"The hive life isn't for everyone." says Eugene sullenly, looking around at the lonely clearing. "Most kids are afraid of venomous insects. Are you willing to feel the sting?" he leans toward Saturday as he asks.

"Bees have been producing honey in the same way for 150 million years." briefs Eugene as Saturday and Misaki step out of the grey wooden shed in white uniforms with black netting, the same as Eugene's, a Nevermore crest at their breast.

"They're nature's perfect community." Eugene continues. Saturday's pupils rotate to look at the buzzing bees around him. "All working together to achieve a common goal."

Saturday looks at Thing, propped on a wooden bench nearby, between two big grey rope baskets, trying to swat away bees with his long fingers.

"Fun fact, it's also one of the few ecosystems in which females dominate." 

Saturday returns his gaze to the shorter, tanned boy then back to Thing, as he points his finger at something and slides off the bench.

"From the queen bee to her workers. There's no patriarchy in the hive!"

By the time Eugene turns around, both Master and maid were gone.

He sighs defeatedly.

Saturday hurriedly puts on his black and grey blazer as he chases after a boy, Misaki following right behind him.

"Rowan! We need to talk." he calls.

"Saturday, I'm not allowed to speak to anyone." says the boy in the green hoodie and brown jacket, hulling trunk into small blue car.

"You had a lot to say the other night when you tried to kill me and Kochō." says Saturday coldly and relentlessly.

Rowan looked a little confused, his mouth dangling open as he stared at the tall, pale, black haired obsidian eyed boy and the petite maid, with her waist length sleek, black hair in two braids, golden eyes piercing into his accusingly.

"Told me I was destined to destroy the school, remember?" questions Saturday cooly. "Where did you get that drawing?" he asks, black orbs piercing into brown ones that didn't give anything away. 

"I just went into the woods to clear my head." says the brown haired boy nonchalantly smiling with his straight teeth. "Then you came after me."

Mr. Thornhill stalks behind the blue car and stares at the three students.

"Saturday. Misaki." his deep voice disrupts the conversation.

The three of them turn toward their teacher.

"You two shouldn't be here." he says warningly, giving Saturday and his maid a piercing look with his sharp brown eyes.

"Yeah, back off and leave me alone." retorts Rowan as he leans toward Saturday, acting defensively.

He slams the car door and the engine turns over. Saturday stands there with Misaki, unmoving. Thing skillfully clamours onto the metal lining of the small blue car. The tall pale boy and petite golden eyed girl watch as the car roars out of the gates of Nevermore.

Saturday stalks away, Misaki following him obediently.

☟☟☟