𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐕

The Addams family's grandiose black limousine roars into the town of Jericho, heading straight towards the big white church at its heart. A purposefully noticeable white banner hung high on top of the wide, grey road with elegant black words reading:

🧙🏻‍♂️🤠 𝐏𝚰𝐋𝐆𝐑𝚰𝐌 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 🤠🧙🏻‍♂️

with elegant black outlined images of an old pilgrim and a young pilgrim on each side of the title.

The sky was gloomy and pale with thick clouds hiding the sun's weak rays. Just the way the Addams preferred.

"Yeah." says Sheriff Galpin absentmindedly into his mobile phone as he sat inside the cosy walls of 'The Weathervane' and ate his meal, consisting of a small bread roll, crispy, just as he likes it, and a cup of coffee in a plain white cylindrical mug.

" says Sheriff Galpin absentmindedly into his mobile phone as he sat inside the cosy walls of 'The Weathervane' and ate his meal, consisting of a small bread roll, crispy, just as he likes it, and a cup of coffee in a plain white cylindrical mug

"You make sure they search that cave for any sign of that creature." he orders into his phone, ignoring his half eaten bread roll and cup of coffee.

For once, he was not wearing her wide brimmed Sheriff's hat, placing it on the edge of his wooden table, near the large clear window. Also on his table were the usual expected café items: a small topless wooden box of tissues and a jar of salt, with a silver metal spoon inside for the customers to use if they wished.

"No stone unturned. They bag and tag everything, all right?" upon hearing the sound of the Addams family limousine pulling into the street next to him, he turned to look at the elegant, grandiose car.

After the black limousine passed the bend she averted her eyes from it. "And then follow up with the lab. I want the DNA results on that claw." he continued, a deep line between his eyebrows as he looked again at the bend the black limousine just rounded. It seemed that a Sheriff's job was endless, he didn't even have any breaks to peacefully eat.

"We already got one kid in the ICU, a bunch of people in the morgue." He turned his body to the streets again, as he lifted his arm out of the way so that he had a good view of the road. "I don't want any more." he says.

The Addams have just stepped out of their big, black limousine. Saturday stood a good 1.5 metres away from his parents, at the head of the car. His head was lowered and he crossed his arms at his broad chest, standing very stiffly with his feet neatly together. He wore a long black overcoat over his school uniform.

Mortician, in his handsome black tuxedo, stood at the side of one of the back doors and held onto Gomez's hand, helping her out as Lurch held the door open for them. His wife wore her elegant, long, body hugging black dress. Their youngest son Pugsley, had wandered to the very front of the car, near the decorative silver bird perched on its head. He wore a black suit over his horizontally black and white striped shirt. 

Their obedient, dutiful maid, Misaki, was nowhere in sight, and this irked Saturday to no end, and he was beginning to figure out why, which was like adding oil to an explosive fire. His younger brother, Pugsley, was also worried about her. She did suddenly run off without an explanation, but their parents were so delighted to see their eldest son that they did not consider much else at this moment.

 She did suddenly run off without an explanation, but their parents were so delighted to see their eldest son that they did not consider much else at this moment

"All right." Sheriff Galpin finished as he put her phone into his pants pocket. The thin man had spied the Addams in all their glory. Their car was right in her view, parked next to the church's grassy field. He forcefully turns his head away from the nasty sight of them.

"Son of a bitch." he cursed sourly, before lowering his head to glare at his bread roll.

His daughter, Taylor the waitress turns to look down at her Father as she carries a saucer and kettle back to the counter. "What's wrong?" the green-eyed girl asks in concern, furrowing her brown eyebrows.

"Just hard to stomach a murderer wandering around town scot-free." sneers her Father as he kept his eyes on his half eaten bread roll, before glancing up at his daughter, then looking out of the window.

Taylor's eyes moved to look at Gomez as she walked into Dr. Valery Kinbott's office followed by her sons Pugsley and Saturday, her husband standing gentlemanly by the door, waiting for them to go in first before he brought the rear. "At least they care enough about Saturday to go to therapy with him." she returns equally as glumly as her Father's tone when he had cursed.

Donovan dropped his head down dramatically before lifting his head to address his daughter. "Taylor, come on, please. We've been through this." he pleaded with a desperate expression on his thin, wrinkled face. "I'm just...I'm not comfortable dredging up the family past with some complete stranger." the man continued, shaking his head slightly and making a hand gesture as his daughter's frown deepened.

"You think it's easy for me to sit there and talk about my crap?" she asked coolly, obviously used to this, her eyebrows continuing to be furrowed tightly.

Her Father's phone rings.

"I've got a lot on my plate right now, kid." he says muffledly as he grabs her hat off the table and leaves, not bothering to listen to a reply or to finish his food.

The phone rings in the background as Taylor smiles wryly.

The Sheriff answers his phone and puts it up to his ear. His iphone had a sturdy black cover.

"You got the results already?" he asks impatiently, his expression dreary but nonetheless serious. The deep vertical line remained between his eyebrows, adding one more line to his wrinkled face.

He blinks as he swoops down to grab his coat off the seat. "All right. Tape off the scene. I'll be right there." he replies, turning to leave.

"Dad." his head whips around to his daughter's voice. "You okay? What's going on?" Taylor asks frantically. She had a worried expression on her own pretty face, mirroring her Father's expression, a deep line in between her thin brown eyebrows.

She had set the small white saucer on top of her Father's unfinished plate and placed the metal kettle with the black top down on her Father's large wooden table.

Donovan sighed silently as he turns away from Taylor.

"You know Reggie, the local coroner?" he turned her head around to look directly at his daughter as he spoke, solemnly, he had quickly put on her black, sleeveless, hoodless zip up jacket and his hands were in his coat pockets.

He blinked as he looked away for a moment before his eyes were on his daughter again. "He just blew his brains out."

Taylor heaved in a thin breath, her horrified face mirroring her Father's.

☟☟☟