𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐈𝐈𝐈

As Saturday walks into the dorm, he is immediately hit by a mountain of colour: on his roommate's end from the various drapes and the bedspread and from the brightly paned window.

Mortician gasps as he walks in with his wife, their maid trailing behind them with her head bowed.

"It's so...vivid." finishes Saturday's mother, grimacing.

Principal Weems smiles, then nods.

His new roommate scuttles towards Saturday from his open laptop.

Saturday glances up at him.

White blonde hair dyed with pink and blue, a strong but still lean build, mesmerising blue eyes, luscious lips in a striped navy and black uniform with a vest and a navy tie. He inhales excitedly and smiles widely at Saturday who only looked back coldly.

"Howdy, roomie."

"Saturday, this is Ethan Sinclair." says Principal Weems with satisfaction.

"Gay."

"Sorry, excuse me?" questions Ethan.

"Gay." repeats Saturday flatly.

"Wha- you're the one with freaking nail polish on!" exclaims Ethan indignantly.

"Keen observation, but still gay. And might I remind you that you do too?" replies Saturday coldly.

"Are you feeling okay?" asks Ethan through gritted teeth. "You look a little pale."

"Saturday always looks half-dead." returns his mother.

Ethan catches the eye of the little maid and smiles and winks at her. Her cheeks heat up slightly as she looks away shyly from the handsome boy.

"Nice maid you got there." his tone instantly lifted.

"Oh." Ethan half sighs. "Welcome to Ophelius Hall." he opens his arms wide, expecting his new roomie to jump right into them.

Saturday moves back in alarm.

"Not a hugger. Got it." says Ethan in a somewhat disappointed voice.

"Please excuse Saturday. He's allergic to colour." says Mortician in his deep seductive voice as he half grimaces at Ethan.

"Oh, wow. What happens to you?" Ethan questions frantically.

"I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones." returns Saturday flatly.

"Luckily, we've special ordered you a uniform." chuckles Principal Weems as he replies in his own deep melodic voice. 

"Ethan, please take Saturday to the registrar's office to pick it up along with a copy of his schedule, and give him a tour along the way." says Principal Weems in his deep voice as he and Ethan both look at Saturday, Ethan almost floating off the floor in delight.

He turns back to his father and mother. His father smiles a handsome smile to Saturday while his mother returns his cold gaze with a yellow toothed grin then they stop smiling and only look at him expectantly.

Saturday stalks out of the room with a bouncing Ethan in his wake and as they pass the petite maid, Ethan makes a hand gesture at her and grins when he sees her frantically look away.

Damn, she's cute! Thinks Ethan.

They didn't see Saturday's parents exchange worried glances.

"Misaki, follow Saturday quietly for us would you?" orders his father.

☟☟☟

In the grandiose but crowded great hall, Saturday and Ethan move slowly towards the registrar's office.

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us. Outcasts, freaks, monsters, fill in your favourite marginalised group here." briefs Ethan as he starts walking backwards, facing Saturday.

"You can save the sanitised sales pitch. I don't plan on staying here for long." replies Saturday coldly.

"Why not?"

"This was my parents' idea...and so is Kochō following us right this second." he turns his head and catches her eye. "Our family maid." finishes Saturday.

Ethan turns his head and waves. Misaki quickly ducks behind some students, disappearing.

"Oh look," he turns to a golden framed photograph in the cabinet for champions. "there's my father smirking at me." There, photographed in black and white, were a group of boys in white fencing uniforms holding their fencing helmets on their right, Saturday's father, Mortician, in the centre. The title read: NEVERMORE FENCING SQUAD, NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 1990 - CAPTAIN: MORTICIAN ADDAMS. Mortician was smiling with his pearly white teeth out. This was rare.

"They've been looking for any excuse to send me here." he speaks coldly to a gloomy looking Ethan. "It's all a part of their nefarious, yet completely obvious plan." he says while glancing at the photograph.

Ethan smiles widely, showing his perfect white teeth. "What plan?" he raises then lowers his eyebrows.

"To turn me into a version of themselves."

"Well in that case, perhaps you can clear something up- Can I date your maid? Just kidding." he eyes Saturday carefully. "Rumour's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school," they move away from the photograph. "annnnd your parents pulled strings to get you off." says the now apparent, slightly taller boy, Ethan.

"Actually, it was two kids, but who's counting?" says Saturday emotionlessly as he stalks away. Ethan widens his eyes.

Saturday opens the door to the courtyard, and it opens to a gloomy sky, green grassy field and an apparently dead tree next to a tall fountain with a gargoyle statue in the middle. Students were sitting on little tables towards the side.

"Welcome to the quad." Ethan opens his arms as if embracing the courtyard.

"I still don't see the meaning of you tailing us Kochō. You can never escape my intuition." says Saturday, piercingly coldly as he turns his head to his maid with her swaying silky long black hair in two braids and her perfect oval face and big golden eyes in her long uniform, her black and white dress with the headband, she was a girl with unparalleled beauty. Saturday did not notice any of this of course. All he saw was an annoyance.

"Oh hello!" says Ethan somewhat awkwardly as he winks again at the pretty maid.

She blushes and quickly hides behind Saturday for protection. He moves away from her immediately as if she were an illness and he would catch it.

"I'm Ethan. And you are...?" Ethan looks questioningly at the maid.

"Misaki. Misaki Kochō." she replies in a soft melodic voice.

Saturday turns back to the courtyard. "It's a pentagon." he says flatly, looking bored.

"The whole snarky Goth boy thing might have worked at normie school," he says, looking at Saturday, "but here things are different." he leans in closer to Saturday. "Let me give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene." The three of them start walking down the open long stone corridor.

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." says Saturday, trailing behind Ethan with his maid trailing behind himself.

They pass a group of boys.

"Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." snarks Ethan and then, turning to the beautiful maid, he quickly whisper-adds: "Sorry, I'm usually much nicer but your master's rubbing me quite the wrong way." he smiles at her and winks, making her look away shyly.

"There are many flavours of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are Fangs, Furs, Stoners and Scales." He points to a group.

☟☟☟