𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈

The Sheriff taps the open side of his police car trunk and a medium sized, bridle coloured dog with a red collar swiftly jumps in the back.

"Good boy." he compliments.

"Watch your butt. Watch your butt." he coddles as he closes the horizontal side of the trunk.

He was wearing his wide brimmed, dark brown Sheriff's hat, black-grey jacket and black pants per usual. His daughter comes up to her father and the police car in their front yard.

"Hey. Where you going with Elvis?" Taylor smiles as she asks, wearing a white shirt, brown jacket with red interior, green-grey pants and a black backpack.

"Just, uh..." her father had a hand on the side of the no-covering trunk, SHERIFF printed neatly in black on the back side. "following a lead on a case." he finishes, looking at his daughter.

Taylor furrowed her eyebrows. "You still believe there's a creature out there, don't you?" she asks her father. "I heard you and Santiago talking. You think it's a Nevermore kid?"

"Ran into your shrink." confessed the thin man. "He was kind of tight-lipped about your progress."

"Dad, it's called doctor-patient confidentiality." scoffs the girl, giving her father an uneasy smile.

"How about father-daughter confidentiality?" challenges the Sheriff. "What are you two yakking about?"

"Video games, cancel culture, oat milk versus soy, it's a wild time."

"I pay the bills, I got a right to ask." says the man as he walks off.

"We talk about dad. My real dad." interjects her daughter, frowning all the more.

The man stops, putting a hand on the side of the car trunk.

"Remember him?" Taylor says accusingly.

Elvis whimpers, paws leaning over the trunk frame.

"Better not be talking crap about your old dad." he retorts cooly as he walks to open the car door. "I'll be home late. You're on your own for dinner."

"Oh, damn. I...I was hoping we could fire up the grill and then catch the big game." she spoke to the back of the thin man.

The Sheriff's car roars out of the driveway.

"Love these warm, fuzzy memories we're making, dad." she throws a hand up as she calls after the car.

The side of the white car was painted SHERIFF and JERICHO COUNTY with a blue stripe in the middle. Its tires screech as it runs along on the road.

Taylor stares defeatedly after her foster father.

☟☟☟

"I have to get back to the woods, but Weems has been watching me like a vulture circling a carcass."

Saturday says cooly as he approaches the young, white-blonde man with pink and blue dyed hair, sitting, painting his team's canoe. Misaki was helping him, both wearing navy aprons.

The tall, black haired, pale boy looks around the premise. They were in a grassy green field surrounded by multiple tall tress which had yellowing leaves.

"And you want me to cover first so that you can return to the scene of a crime that didn't happen?" the handsome, pale werewolf couldn't help but tease the brooding boy standing in front of him.

"Mr. Sinclair, you shouldn't..." Misaki tried to defend her young Master but Ethan only smirked at her, putting a long white finger to her lips, silencing her.