𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐕𝐈

At the ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀᴠᴀɴᴇ ᴄᴀғᴇ & ʙᴀᴋᴇʀʏ, with it's teal frames, deep red and white striped covers, neat red brick walls and perfectly transparent large glass windows, Principal Weems was sitting inside, enjoying some latte, on a burgundy leather chair, under a uniquely shaped light.

"Principal Weems." came the deep, smooth voice of the mayor, as he approaches the tall, white blonde man wearing an all grey attire: long grey overcoat, a shirt with grey shades of checkers and thin strips, grey trousers, black leather gloves, and his gold framed black leather strapped watch.

The Principal looks up with a welcoming smile.

"Well, it looks like another successful Outreach Day is upon us." the black mayor compliments.

The men chuckle.

"And uh..." the tall, lean black man lowers his voice slightly, "thank you for your generous donation to my re-election campaign." he says sheepishly.

The handsome Principal clicks his tongue as he smiles pleasantly. "Consider it a token of our ongoing cooperation." he muses.

The mayor smiles back.

Mr. Thornhill, at the counter waiting for his cake, glances sideways at the Principal. Taylor was behind the counter, busy at work, in her brown uniform and red apron.

Principal Weems turns his head to acknowledge Mr. Thornhill, who approaches his table.

"Apparently everyone is off to their assignments. And so far no incidents." the auburn haired man briefs, smiling, motioning slightly with his hand, holding a white plate with a small pink dessert with tiny marshmallows as decoration. He was dressed in a burgundy overcoat with a black and brown giraffe print button up shirt, its base a violet colour and his classic large blue horn rimmed glasses.

"Mayor Walker, I'd like you to meet Marlin Thornhill." introduces Principal Weems pleasantly, motioning with one black leather gloved hand.

"In the spirit of outreach, he's Nevermore's first normie teacher." the Principal smiles with his pearly white teeth as he gestures with his hands.

"Well, the pleasure is all mine." chuckles the mayor as the two standing men shake hands, both smiling pleasantly.

"Hey, have we, uh...Have we met before?" the mayor asks Mr. Thornhill, creasing his eyebrows.

"Not officially, but I see you in here every morning." the tall auburn haired man says with his deep voice, smiling and showing his straight white teeth. "You're always tucked into that little back booth when I come for my daily matcha latte." He turns his head and points while speaking.

"I knew it!" the mayor points a finger and chuckles lightly.

"Mr. Thornhill, please keep me posted," the Principal requests. The auburn haired man nods. "especially about a certain floppy haired upstart." the white-blonde man winks and smiles toothily.

Mr. Thornhill nods knowingly. "Right." he says quietly, then smiles again at the mayor.

☟☟☟

Saturday uses a clean white cloth to wipe away all the chocolate vomit on Eugene. He pays special close attention to the shorter boy's mouth region, to which Eugene was extremely grateful, closing his eyes as the taller, brooding boy wiped.

The two of them were standing near the black wooden stage with the stockade, next to blocks of hay and a barred wooden door.

The shorter tan boy opens his eyes. "Nobody's ever stood up for me before." he confesses as Saturday keeps wiping.