𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈𝐈

A group of Nevermore boys in their navy vests, wearing navy aprons were bent over at wooden tables, mixing paint into small red cups. In the centre of the group stood, propped on tall wooden benches, a painted black canoe with neon coloured decorations.

"Gentlemen, come on! Let's work on those teeth." prompted Ethan, hovering above his schoolmates, one vampire boy (with his signature black sunglasses) was painting red spikes and the other boy painted yellow fangs. It was the beginning of a ferociously beastly image.

"More scowl. This puppy is taking no prisoners. If Bianco Barclay wins again this year, I will literally scratch my own eyes out!" he wines exasperatedly at his two male painters as the pale, long black haired vampire boy shakes his head in dismissal, trying his best to ignore his teammate.

"I would pay money to see that." a deep voice suddenly says smoothly, behind the tall, muscular, boyishly handsome werewolf.

"Mr Sinclair, your canoe is uniquely eye catching." says a soft melodic voice.

Ethan had never heard her say much and was more than upset when he thought she was leaving him forever. He longed to hear more of her sweet voice. His ears perked up immediately.

The young werewolf snaps to attention and faces his roommate. He, like his teammates was wearing a navy apron, navy paint protector sleeves, a navy vest, black tie and black trousers, and an ironed white shirt.

Saturday, dressed in the black and grey blazer, black tie and trousers, ironed white shirt, expressionless pale face and floppy black hair, stood with his arms crossed, his maid by his side, standing a little further back, bowing her head. She was in the female uniform with a black and navy blazer, black tie, long navy shirt and an ironed white shirt. Her hair was in her signature two thick, long, sleek braids. She looks away from Ethan, shyly.

Ethan grins widely as he spins around in excitement, white-blonde hair bouncing with the wind, and notes the petite maid's long lashes and golden pupils.

She's so cute! She's even prettier up close. I wonder if I can ask her...

"Howdy, roomie!" he says, his deep voice melodic, as he bounds up to the crossed-arm Saturday. "Hey Misaki!" he sing-songs as he winks at her. Saturday gives Ethan a look.

"I'm so glad you decided to stay." he smiles as he says.

"I thought you wanted your single room back." replies Saturday coldly to the handsome white-blonde boy in front of him.

"Mmm...Full disclosure, if you're here, that means little Misaki will be," Misaki's cheeks flushes as he takes her small hand in his pale large one and squeezes gently. She lowers her head even more, Ethan eyes her closely, narrowing his crystal blue eyes and smirks at her reaction. "I don't like living solo and Thing gives a killer neck massage. It's a win-win." he says in his deep voice, still holding her hand in his.

It's like he's observing me even more scrutinisingly than usual...! She thinks as she glances at his shrewd blue eyes.

Ethan widens his crystal blue eyes as he pulls Misaki away from Saturday's side and into his. "So...why the change of heart?" he questions Saturday playfully.

Saturday eyes the small pale hand in the large one then glares up at his roommate.

"I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else's corrupt game." he says coldly, still crossing his lean but muscular arms.

Ethan smiles, tilting his luscious full lips up. "You mean Rowan?" he says, a bit disbelievingly.

"I witnessed his murder, Ethan." the handsome pale, black eyed and haired boy retorted cooly.

"It's just, we all saw him this morning. Very much, like, not dead." says the werewolf, while Misaki nods silently beside him.

Saturday notices that she did not make an effort to pull free of his roommate's grip. It made him feel very uncomfortable and it bothered him to not know why.

"I know." Saturday replied while grabbing Misaki's slim arm and forcing her hand out of the taller boy's grip and back to his side. The black floppy haired boy did not release his maid.

Ethan smirks.

"Which leads me to believe I've been losing my mind." concludes Saturday curtly, interlacing his long white fingers with Misaki's.

The black haired boy glances to the ground. "It's not nearly as fun as I had anticipated." he confessed.

"You're Nevermore's gossip King. What's Rowan's story?" he questions.

Ethan licks his lips. "Other than being a weird loner...Uh..." he ponders, "No offence." he adds quickly.

"None taken." Saturday says cooly.

"Bianco Barclay's his roommate." Saturday furrowed his eyebrows at the mention of the blue-eyed, black boy's name. "You know, if you had a cell phone, you could just text him and ask him."

"Yuki. Come on! Flare those whiskers." Ethan ordered his vampire teammate. "The Poe Cup droops for no one." he says, exaggerating his facial expressions. "My entire reason for living right now." Saturday glances down for a second then meets those crystal blue eyes. "Part canoe race, part foot chase, no rules. Each dorm has to pick an Edgar Allan Poe short story for inspiration. You could grab a brush." suggests the slightly taller white-blonde boy. "Mr. Thornhill's just ordered pizza. Want to take a stab at being social?"

"I do like stabbing." returns the black haired, pale boy coldly but with interest. Misaki looks up at her young master admiringly.

He looks away at Misaki then back at Ethan. "The social part, not so much." says the deep voice. "Besides, it'll cut into my writing time."

Ethan grins charmingly, showing his pearly whites. "No worries." he assures his roommate. "Just as long as you're lakeside cheering us to victory on race day." he exclaims excitedly as he interlaces his own long, white fingers with Misaki's. The little maid's blush was as red as an apple's, standing between the two young, handsome boys.

Saturday frowns, not comprehending why his roommate was so excited on what he perceived as trivial matters.

"Or you can just glare uncomfortably. Whatever works for you." he says invitingly, winking at the young master and his maid.

"Good luck Mr. Sinclair." says Misaki softly, looking up into Ethan's bright face. He smiles handsomely at her and gently squeezes her hand.

☟☟☟