𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐗𝐈𝐈

Thing taps the writing on his hand expectantly with a long forefinger.

Back in Saturday and Ethan's Dorm, Saturday sits at Ethan's colourful desk in front of his silver Macbook (which had colourful stickers on the cover) and fumbles his fingers.

He had no idea what he was doing.

He hurriedly presses a key and, thankfully, the video call whooshes.

Taylor's face of shoulder length light brown hair and soft green eyes pops up on the screen.

"Uh...hi." she says awkwardly.

"That's Thing." returns Saturday emotionlessly.

Thing stands proudly on Taylor's wooden table.

"Is he, like, your pet?" asks Taylor, making a confused expression while holding her phone in one hand.

Thing sticks up the rude finger at the girl.

"He's sensitive." returns Saturday coldly, on Taylor's phone screen.

"Look, I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next-level." Taylor says, while giving a wry chuckle. "So, what happened to not wanting to be a slave to technology?"

"Desperate times." returns Saturday calmly. "Are you still willing to help me escape?"

"Well after what happened today, I figured they'd have you and your girlfriend in solitary."

"Kochō is not my girlfriend." says Saturday coldly and Taylor could feel that cold tone piercing through her skin.

"Whew, keep telling yourself that." she teases, while Saturday gives her a wry look.

"There's the Harvest Festival this weekend. Attendance is mandatory. I'm going to use it as a cover. If you're still willing to drive me to the train station, I can make it worth your while." Saturday says all of this very quickly and flatly.

Taylor gives him another confused expression which he admits, he was starting to get more annoyed of. "I'm in. And no charge." she shakes her head, making her loose brown hair wave beautifully. "Consider it a freebie." she smiles at the pale boy on the screen.

"Why?" questions Saturday coldly.

"'Cause I wish I was going with you." she smiles a little. "At least one of us will get out of this hellhole town."

Saturday looks back at the girl in the screen intently.

☟☟☟

The crowd chatters and laughs under the dark sky as the lights from the rides illuminated the Harvest Festival.

There, unmoving stood the slightly shorter Saturday black floppy hair and sunken eyes, in his black and white striped shirt and black (white inside) jacket, and Ethan, smiling, white-blonde hair dyed with pink and blue at the tips and crystal blue eyes, in a pale pink turtleneck and dark pink jacket with a chevron pattern.

Misaki stood behind them, in her maid uniform with her long black dress and white headband, with her petite head bowed.

"Are you sure you can trust that normie?" he asks an unmoving Saturday in his deep voice as they look at Taylor and her father, standing next to a car that had the Sheriff's badge and the word 'Sheriff' imprinted in big bold letters on it.

"Dad, I didn't know they were gonna be here." they could hear Taylor desperately trying to convince her father.

"I trust that I can handle myself." returns Saturday tartly, both still staring at Taylor and her mother.