𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

Taylor nods slightly and runs off into the fair.

The shopkeeper hands Saturday the biggest panda there is.

"You see that sad, lonely man over there?"

Misaki looks at what her Master was looking at and stifles a giggle.

The stall keeper looks too.

They see the tall, lean Principal Weems eating the hamburger.

"He needs this pathetic validation more than I do." Saturday says emotionlessly while handing the shopkeeper some extra cash for insurance. "Would you mind distracting him?"

He takes the cash and the panda and walks over to Principal Weem's table. As he puts the panda down it starts saying: "I love you. I love you." to Principal Weems and he smiles at the stall keeper.

That was enough time for Saturday and his maid. They were off. And as Principal Weems looks again at where they were, in front of the stall, he didn't see either the pale, lean boy or the petite girl.

He stops chewing, mouth still full and lowers his burger.

As the fireworks crackle, Saturday quickly stalks around the fair with Misaki in his wake, looking for Taylor.

"Hey, before you two leave, I wanted you to have this." she says as the pale, lean boy approaches her. She hands him a brown file. "It's your mum's police file from when she was at Nevermore. I think it's the reason my mum hates her."

Saturday stares hard at the file.

"You okay?" she asks the boy.

"I'm not used to people other than Kochō engaging with me." he says coldly in his deep voice as he glances at the brown file. "Most see me coming and cross the street. The reason of Kochō always sticking with me despite my parents orders is an enigma."

"Huh. I wonder about that." scoffs Taylor playfully. "And by the way, you're not scary. You're just kinda..." she trails off, not knowing the words to describe the tall, pale boy in front of her. "Kooky."

Saturday takes the brown file from her hands. "I prefer spooky." he returns, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Oh." she says, smiling to the boy, showing her perfect white teeth.

"Now my train leaves in an hour. We're burning moonlight." he says cooly in his deep delicious voice, stalking past the shorter girl towards the cars behind her.

"Uh, right, right." she says hurriedly.

In the parking lot, they see the three gang members from the cafe, the short black girl and the two tall white boys, though Saturday was taller.

Misaki gasps softly behind Saturday. They were holding metal bats...!

"Hey." says Taylor softly.

She grabs his large white hand in her smaller one. "Come on, Saturday. Saturday! We can lose them in the crowd." she says as the gang closes in.

Fireworks sparkle in the sky as Saturday, Misaki and Taylor run into the crowd, Saturday firmly holding onto the file, Misaki and Taylor in his wake.

The gang members chase after them, holding onto their metal bats.

Then Saturday bumps into Rowan and falls to the floor, despite Misaki frantically wrapping her arms around him, his head flails back: he has another vision.

A vision of himself having that vision with Pugsley. A vision of a book, and a creature's eye. Of a raven's wing and the school fountain bursting into flames. A raven caws. The book falls to the ground, it had a skull on it. Rowan wails, flesh rending.

He gets up from the floor and pushes Misaki off him.

"Shit. S-Saturday, we need to go." Taylor says in a warning voice as Saturday looks to Rowan, heading into the forest. "S-Saturday, come on."

"Saturday!" calls Taylor desperately.

"Master!" Misaki's voice was full of emotion. "Master, please don't!"

"Rowan, come back!" growls Saturday deeply.

Xaviera also spots Saturday running into the forest.

The fireworks continue to crackle as Saturday runs after Rowan, Misaki following swiftly.

Look after Master Saturday at all costs, even if it costs you your life. That was the motto she lives on. Ever since that fateful day.

The three of them run past a lake, lights at the edge, creating beautiful reflections in the water.

Rowan inhales out of his puffer.

"Rowan, wait!" growls Saturday.

"AUUUGHH! What do you want? Why are you following me? Just take your girlfriend and go!" the boy in the green hoodie demands to the pale lean boy.

"I don't have time to explain, but you're in danger." says Saturday coldly, growling. Misaki nods her petite head frantically beside her Master.

Rowan chuckles. "I think you've got it backwards."

Rowan raises his arm. Saturday and Misaki are lifted high up onto a tree. Saturday grunts.

"Master!" Misaki says frantically as she struggles, in vain.

"You guys are the ones who's in danger." he says warningly.

"What are you doing?" growls Saturday.

"Saving everyone from you." Rowan grunts. "I have to kill you." returns Rowan to the pale boy. Then he adds apologetically to the girl next to him: "Sorry but I can't have any witnesses."

Saturday widens his dark eyes. "The gargoyle, that was you?" he questions.

"Yeah." came his answer.

"It's always the quiet ones." says Saturday nonchalantly to nobody but himself.

A picture flies out of Rowan's pocket and positions itself next to Saturday's pale face.

"Boy in the picture. That's you." comes Rowan's voice.

Saturday's mouth opens slightly.

"You want to kill us because of some picture?" he questions incredulously.

"My father drew that picture 25 years ago when he was a student at Nevermore. He was a powerful Seer." Rowan smiled sadly. "Told me about it before he died."

"Rowan, put us down." orders Saturday lowly.

"No! My father said it was my destiny to stop this boy if he ever came to Nevermore, because he will destroy the school and everyone in it." says Rowan, enunciating every word with emotion.

His arcane power surges as he tightens his grip on the boy and girl on the tree. Misaki winces in pain, Saturday grunts.

"Rowan." says Saturday desperately.

Rowan's face contorts with emotion.

"Rowan."

"Ma-Master Saturday." came Misaki's soft voice as her eyes slowly close.

The pale boy's hand reaches over and grasps her small one tightly.

There is a bestial snarl.

☟☟☟