A lady from the Countryside

At the entrance of a large house in an upscale residential area in Haicheng, a taxi came to a stop. The back seat's door opened and a girl got out.

She was about 1.68 meters tall and had a good figure. She was dressed in a white t-shirt, with nine-cent black cloth pants and white board shoes. Her long, black hair was tied up in a high ponytail that reached her waist.

It was noon when she got out of the car, and the sun was very hot. She raised her hand slightly to block the sunlight and took a look at the house in front of her. Under the sunlight, the girl's appearance could not be seen very clearly, but her temperament could not be hidden.

She was elegant and quiet, giving people the feeling of a lady from an ancient family.

!!

She took a look at the house in front of her, then looked away. She went to the back of the taxi and opened the trunk, taking out her luggage. It was a very big suitcase, so much so that the taxi driver thought that a little girl with small arms and legs like her would not be able to carry it. Just as he got out of the car to help, he saw her take out the suitcase with ease.

"You are very strong!" the taxi driver praised.

The girl smiled slightly in response.

Only then did he see her face clearly.

She was very beautiful, but not in a flamboyant type of way. Her beauty was reserved and special, her upright appearance like that of a dignified lady walking out of a picture. Just looking at her made people feel very comfortable.

After thanking him and paying the fare, she was about to drag her suitcase to the house when a person walked up to her.

"Excuse me, are you Miss Shi Yan?"

The person who came was a kind, old man who appeared to be in his fifties.

Shi Yan smiled slightly, "Yes, I'm Shi Yan. Hello."

When the old man saw Shi Yan, he was clearly stunned for a moment, but his manners were very good, so he quickly came back to his senses and introduced himself.

"My name is Jiang Hai, and I'm the Jiang family's housekeeper in Sea City. Old Madame Jiang had something urgent to attend to, so she left Sea City for the next few days. She asked me to come and receive Miss Shi."

"Thank you for your trouble. I'm sorry for disturbing you."

"You haven't disturbed me. After learning that Miss Shi had accepted a place in Sea City University, the Old Madame Jiang has been talking about you for a long time, waiting for you to come. If it weren't for the fact that an old friend suddenly fell ill and Old Madame Jiang wanted to visit her, she wouldn't have left when you arrived."

Shi Yan smiled faintly, "Thank you for your concern, Old Madame Jiang."

"It's only right for her to miss you. You saved Old Madame Jiang's life."

"It was just a coincidence. It doesn't deserve the word 'save.'"

"Miss Shi is too modest. You saved Old Madame Jiang. It was a huge favor for the Jiang family in Sea City. Let me help you with your suitcase."

Without waiting for Shi Yan's reply, he took her luggage.

Shi Yan did not argue with him. Although the luggage was a little heavy, it did not take much effort to drag it along the road, so she smiled and thanked him.

The Jiang family was indeed an important family in Sea City. Their house was very big, and there was a long, stone road at the entrance. The stone road was very wide, able to accommodate two cars. On both sides of the road were rows of trees, large enough so that people could only hug them with their arms wide open. It was obvious that they were quite old.