Was About Being Generous

Not long after, they arrived at the bamboo garden.

Shi Yan dropped him off at the entrance of the bamboo garden before letting go.

“We’re here,” she said.

It seemed like she had no intention of sending him into the courtyard.

!!

The man looked at her and said politely, “I’ll have to trouble you to send me back. The weather is hot, and you pushed me all the way here. You must be thirsty, so why don’t you come in and have a cup of tea before you leave?”

“There’s no need. The lunch that Grandma Jiang had someone prepare for me has already been sent to my small courtyard. If I don’t go back now, the food will get cold.”

One sentence revealed a lot of information.

The man did not force her, and it seemed like he was just asking out of courtesy.

He handed the book to her. “Then I won’t stay any longer. Thank you for sending me back, Miss. I’ll visit you another day to thank you.”

Shi Yan took the book and smiled, “It’s nothing. You’re welcome.”

She nodded and turned to leave.

A young man in his thirties walked out of the courtyard.

“Fifth Master, you…”

“Go in,” the man said.

The girl had already walked far away. The young man stopped staring at the girl’s back and looked at the person who spoke, interrupting him.

Jiang Lin looked at Shi Yan’s back as she walked away. Then, he walked over and pushed the wheelchair into the house. He did not ask anything.

When the wheelchair entered the courtyard, Jiang Lin heard the man ask, “Not long ago, the housekeeper came to report that a guest was staying in the old house. Is it a country girl who once saved Grandma Jiang?”

“Yes, Fifth Master.”

Jiang Lin recalled that half a month ago, Jiang Hai came to the bamboo garden one night. At that time, fifth master was sitting on the sofa reading a newspaper. He was sitting at the side, doing nothing and playing games with his phone on mute. When Jiang Hai came, Master Five’s eyes were on the newspaper in his hand, except for the initial glance at Jiang Hai.

It was clear that the fifth master did not care about this matter at that time, but now he had asked about it.

It seemed that the girl who had sent fifth master back just now was the guest in the old residence.

“What’s her name?”

Jiang Lin was surprised, but he did not show it on his face.

“Shi Yan. Shi of the West, Yan of the Clouds.”

“Shi Yan…”

The man murmured the name softly, and there was an indescribable sense of attachment.

“A girl from the countryside?” he asked again.

“Yes, Fifth Master. I’ve checked. Miss Shi has indeed lived in the countryside for many years. She used to live with her grandmother. Since her grandmother passed away at the age of 13, she has lived alone until now. However, before Miss Shi was 10 years old, she did not live in that village with her grandmother. The information I found was that Miss Shi’s grandmother, who had been away from home for many years, returned to her hometown with her only granddaughter after her son and daughter-in-law died in an accident.”